Are You Stuck in Negative Mode? Start Thinking Positive
Possessing a positive attitude is not always as easy as it might seem to be. Positive thinking is something you have to work diligently to achieve. Being stuck in negative mode is no fun either. You have a pessimistic viewpoint and can rarely find the good in any situation.
How To Step Out Of A Negative Frame Of Mind
If you are stuck with a negative way of thinking, it can be challenging to change the way you feel and how you experience life. You can do just that, though. It takes diligent practice to have a positive attitude, and here are some steps to get you started.
1) Change your mind. The only way to think differently is to decide to change. You are the only one who has control over your mind. You can control your thought process through the use of:
- positive affirmations
- conscious awareness of your thoughts
- purposeful changes of reaction
2) Surround yourself with positive people. A common mistake people make is choosing friends who have a negative outlook. The more you are around negative people, the more that way of thinking will begin to take root in your mind, too. Instead, make a concerted effort to form a circle of contacts who are positive and uplifting.
3) Stay away from things that you know negatively affects you. If you know something or someone always triggers a negative attitude in you, why would you continue to place yourself in that position? Determine your negative triggers, then stay away from them, at all costs.
4) Practice, practice, practice. You won’t change your attitude overnight. But if you work consistently every day and apply yourself in a forward motion, you will be able to step out of your negative thought mode. The challenge is pushing yourself to apply constructive changes in your life, no matter how difficult they may be.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2008 Hope Wilbanks