BMI Calculator Levels - Body Mass Index Chart
BMI is the short form of body mass index, it is basically is an indicator of body fat of a man based on his weight and height. Both men and women between the age ranges of 18 to 65 years can use this BMI calculator to get an idea of their body fat so as they can control fat and BMI related diseases. In general, BM calculator is a tool that you can use to say that if a person if overweight, obese or normal. Normally, a BMI score of 20 to 25 is considered healthy or your fat level is in safety zone.
- Underweight-if your BMI is below 20
- Normal -20 to 25
- Overweight-if BMI is above 25
- Obese class 1-30 to 34.99
- Obese class 2-35 to 39.99
How to Calculate BMI
To calculate BMI of a person, one needs to know two basic measurements his body- height and weight. To find your BMI, visit this BMI calculator too. Remember BMI is just an indicator of your body fat in connection with your weight and height and its result can give you a clue of if you need to consult any physician with weight related problems.
How should I use the data of BMI calculator?
As you already know, you need to input your weight and height to calculate your BMI. By looking at the BMI table given above you can easily identify which BMI category you fall into. If your BMI score is as low as 19 or as high as 26 to 39, then you may need to consult a physician either to gain or to lose body weight.
Another important factor, except BMI, that is helpful in assessing overweight related health risk is weight circumference. People having fat round waist are at much higher prone to heart disease than that having fat around hips. Women having waist size over 35 inches and men having waist size over 40, have much to be concerned about controlling their weight in order to minimize weight related heart disease.
What is an ideal BMI score?
BMI in the range of 18.5 to 24.9 can be considered safe and healthy, if your BMI is outside of this specified range then you might be under the risk of heart disease and the risk factor will be significantly higher if you already have following problems”
- High level of blood pressure (hypertension)
- Higher level of LDL cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol)
- Lower level of HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol)
- High triglycerides
- Higher blood sugar
- If you have Family history heart disease
- If you are not physical active
- If you have smoking habit.
Being overweight and underweight, both are the sign of future or existing health problems. Knowing your BMI level, you yourself can decide whether you need to talk to a doctor about losing weight. In this hub I just try to give you a brief idea of how BMI is important for a healthy life. In the end it is the duty of your doctor who will evaluate your BMI and give you necessary medical advice accordingly.
Finally, no matter how much people talk about safe health, one will properly understand the importance of a healthy life when he/she falls into victim to a chronic disease. Yet, I would like to remind you the important of a healthy eating plan that might keep you away from many life threatening diseases.
- Take more vegetables and fruits, if you like to take milk, then consider buying fat-free milk and other milk products
- Try to include fish, meat, beans, and eggs in your every day food plan.
- If you are considering controlling your weight, then take only the food having lower level of calories
- For women, every day food intake should contain 1000-1200 calories
- For men, every day food should have calories between 1200-1600
- Don’t forget to remain physically active, if you look around you can easily identify the people who are physically inactive.
- Beware of taking too low calories food in your every day food plan
Try to learn to control the flow of calories into your body through your daily food plan-only this much knowledge always help me to stay in the BMI range 19 to 20