- Alternative & Natural Medicine
DIABETES - Causes And Natural Cure
Diabetes is hormonal and metabolic disease that is characterized with too high level of glucose in blood and urine that stays there and cannot be accepted by body cells that need it desperately for all their functions . Glucose is precious and essential food for our body, source of our vital energy, without receiving it, body cells literally starve. Diabetes is state of starvation body cells from one side and unhealthy excess of vital energy on the places where is not supposed to be, and where is not useful but harmful. .
Hormone insulin, produced by pancreas, is key to open the body cells to be able to receive needed energy, but diabetics suffer from the one of two problems:
- in Diabetes Mellitus 1, they cannot produce enough of insulin, so majority of glucose stays unused in blood
- in Diabetes Mellitus 2, diabetics are more likely to produce enough of insulin, but their body cells don`t want to accept it, so they cannot open to receive glucose to be fed.
Such condition seriously damages all body organs - from one side, those ones that do not receive food start to deteriorate because of starvation, and the other ones, that have unhealthy excess of it, gets seriously damaged because of too high level of glucose .
Due to that, typical diseases that affect the people with diabetes are atherosclerosis, brain stroke, coronary heart disease, kidney failure, neural problems, blindness, in late stages even amputation of legs can occur.
Causes Of Diabetes
Epidemic of diabetes is nowadays present worldwide, with rising tendencies. Altough this disease is known from ancient times, today we have higher percentage of diabetics among the young and adult population then ever before and today diabetes became third cause of death (after cardiovascular diseases and cancer) - 3,8 millions of people per year die from this disease:
- due to environmental factors (pollution and chemicals that influence human immune system, hormonal balance and health of the organs)
- socio-economic factors
- industirialized production of cheap food high on empty calories and low on quality (full of chemicals)
- high level of stress : body needs a lot of energy instantly to cope with stress
- obesity: fat cells do not have such ability to accept insulin as muscle cells
- lack of physical activity (glucose in blood needs to be spent - exercizes and physical work allow spending it, so it goes to the muscles. Without physical activities, muscle cells do not need it and finally "forget" to use it)
- various medications people use
- increased alcohol intake
- increased substance abuse
- diabetes can be also caused by various other hormonal or metabolic diseases (like menopause, PCOS, adrenal glands problems, thyroid gland, kidneys etc.)
Modern style of life, that was supposed to bring abudance to many people, is seriously harming our health - we use far too much dangerous chemicals in all aspects of life for alleged "progress" of our civilisation and economical development, that are harmful for human health, and we can find them in air we breath, in water we drink, in places we live and work, in food we eat. Some of them are directly toxical, some of them act as endocrine disruptors and they are one of the reasons while human immune and endocryne system develop such disases as diabetes is.
Mass production of human food is today based exclusively on harmful chemicals (herbicides, artificial fertilizers, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, additives, preservatives, colurs, taste enchancers, artificial sweateners, irradiation etc.) - that cause havoc in human bodies, disrupt hormonal balance, damage organs, at first those ones responsible for healthy digestion. At the same time, modern food is low on natural vitamins, minerals and aminoacids, and everything but fresh before consumption - it is chemically preserved, irradiated, frozen or completely processed and altered. Majority of people don`t eat real food that can give them vital energy any more - people mainly eat quick callories full of chemicals, that taste well and make them ill in the long term.
Why today socio-economic factors play major role in development of diabetes?
In the past, diabetes was mainly present among the rich people, who had excess of food and who had chosen not to eat moderately and healthy.
Diabetes is today present and prevalent among the people with low income or in poor communities. For the difference of rich people, that have always choice of buying healthy food, low income or poverty does not allow people to buy more expensive and much higher quality organic food, so many of them are doomed to eat the cheapest industrial food high on carbochydrates and empty calories, that literally keep them going, and can cause diabetes in the long term.
Even if previously poor people significantly improve their economic standard of life (like recently happened among many people in China and India), they usually just start to eat more food (not healthier, because industrial food is unhealthy), and due to that gain weight, so they develop diabetes even more easily :
- fat cells do not accept insulin so easily as muscle cells
- muscle cells of people born in poverty have program of "insulin resistance" from the earliest age (that is often developed already in womb of mother) - if there is not enough of food available , body develops insuline resistance in the muscles and brings all glucose to the brain so brain can normally develop. On that way brain cells are protected, but muscles get used to the low callory food only - they are programmed to be adjusted to deprivation of food, not to the abundance. If standards improves, abundance of food (especially high in callories and carbohydrates) becomes unwanted shock for muscle cells, who don`t know how to cope with so many glucoses and refuse to accept it - so it stays in blood as excess, even though there is no significant weight gain present.
Symbolicaly, diabetes pictures irony and unjustice of our society: the same as vital energy-glucose kept in blood and not being able to enter in the starving body cells, among humankind, vital energy (resources, food and joy of life) is kept by the small groups of people who already have excess of it, but those one who need it the most don`t receive it on adequate way so the they starve on one way or another.
Differences and Similarities Between Diabetes 1 And Diabetes 2
Type 1 diabetes, ( insulin-dependent diabetes), altough is commonly diagnosed in teenagers, or young adult people, can be developed in any period of life. In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas is unable to make sufficient amount of insulin, that enables the body cells to use glucose as energy. It this type of diabetes, something in the body destroys those pancreas cells that are responsible for insulin production ( β cells: Beta Cells). The lack of insulin leads to increased blood and urine glucose.
Many researches say that diabetes mellitus 1 is inherited disease. When disease is "inherited", it does not mean that it cannot be healed or prevented - we might inherit patterns for disease, but disease can occur only if there are adequate triggers that activate those patterns .
Some researches also point that one of the triggers for wrong response of the body on pancreas cells can be proteins of cow`s milk, especially because milk and diary products are full of hormones for fast growth of the cattle and better production of milk.. (there are 7 hormones used for this purpose and all of them can interfere with human hormones and insulin production)
This type of diabetes can be also triggered by wrong metabolism of zinc, magnesium and chromium (by lack of those minerals in the body). It can be triggered by some medications, exposure to polluters, stress, some other diseases...
Medicine treatments for type 1 diabetes includes taking insulin shots, diet, exercise, and strictly controlling blood pressure and cholesterol.
Insulin Long Term Side- Effects
Insulin for type I diabetes is life saviour - but in long term it is not perfect solution for many. It is very difficult to adjust the adequate dosage, it surpressess natural production of insulin in the healthy β-cells in islets of Langerhans in pancreas that are undamaged, it does not allow natural regeneration of pancreas
Vascular cells do not respond on synthetic or porc insulin diabetics use, and that leads to development of artheriosclerosis that causes strokes, heart disease and even leg amputations, inspite of insulin intake. So insulin works only to help liver, muscles and fat cells to assimilate glucose, but does not work for vascular cells that get heavily damaged.
Pancreas And Diabetes 1
Pancreas is complex organ, directly connected with liver and stomach, responsible for:
- secretion of digestive enzimes
- production of several, highly important hormones in places called Islets of Langerhans:
- Glucogen, that activates liver to produce glucose (Alfa cells)
- Insulin, that is hormone that opens the body cells to accept glucose (Beta cells)
- Amylin, that is hormone that inhibits oveproduction of glucogen (Beta cells)
- Somatostotin, that inhibits secretion of various body hormones (Delta cells)
When Beta cells get destroyed in Diabetes I, actually two pancreas hormones cannot be produced properly: insulin and amylin, but diabetics usually get shots of insulin only, while amylin might be needed as well.
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes (non-insulin-dependent diabetes), is characterized by high blood glucose in the context of insulin resistance and relative insulin deficiency. In this type of diabetes, problem is more within the body cells that should respond on insulin and they don`t do it adequately (insulin resistance) than with the production of insulin in pancreas. People can develop this type of diabetes at any time during their life even during early childhood, and pattern for it can be also inherited.
Medicine treatments for type 2 diabetes include using diabetes medications, diet, regular exercise, and controlling blood pressure and cholesterol.
Over the time, if disease progresses, and medications are not able to keep glucose levels under control, insuline will also be prescribed for regular use.
The facts are that the both types of diabetes can be triggered by more or less same triggers and that anyone exposed for too long to unhealthy style of life (food, stress, lack of exercize, polluters, synthetic hormones of any kind etc.) can get any of the 2 types. It is unknown how many people are already in prediabetes state, that will over the years develop in real diabetes,.
Symptoms of Diabetes
Main symptoms of diabetes include:
- excessive thirst,
- excessive urination,
- excessive appetite,
- blurred vision,
- frequent and slow-healing infections including bladder, vaginal and skin,
- loss of weight,
- lack of concentration,
- numbness in the feet.
Medications That Can Cause Diabetes :
The list of possible medications or substances as possibe causes of diabetes includes:
- ACTH , Acthar, Agenerase , Alloxan, Alpha-adrenergic agonists , Amprenavir, Aristocort , Atolone
Benzodiazepine tranquilizers and barbiturates (what is majority of psychiatric drugs)
- Beta-adrenergic agonists
- Celestone, Cognex, Colocort, Cortef , Cortenema, Corticotropin, Cortifoam ,Cortone, Cephalosporin
- Decadron , Deltasone, Dexameth, Dexone
- Entocort EC , Estrogen (Estradiol) found in Contraceptive Pills
- H.P. Acthar Gel , Hexadrol, Humatrope, Hydrocortisone, Hydrocortone, HGH
- Interferon alpha - can lead to antibodies and a form of autoimmune Type 1 diabetes. Paradoxically, this is also a research treatment for Type 1 diabetes.
- L-asparaginase, Liquid Pred , Lumigan
- Medrol , Methylprednisolone, Meticorten, Mymethasone
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) - excessive niacin can cause high blood sugars.
- Norditropin, Norvir
- Orapred , Orasone, Otodex
- Panasol-S , Pediapred, Pentamidine, Prednicen-M, Prednisolone, Prednisone, Prednisone Intensol, Prelone, Prograf, Psychyatric drugs, Pyriminil (Vacor), Penicillin, Paracetamol
- Rescula, Ritonavir
- Saizen, SciTropin, Sofra-Tulle, Somatropin, Sterapred, Streptozocin, Steroids, Sympathomimetic agents
- Thyroid hormones, Travatan, Tobisprey
- Xalatan, Xanax
Natural Cures For Diabetes
Medicine says that diabetes cannot be cured (as they say for almost every disease), but this is not correct - many people cured it on natural ways, if they removed the triggers and changed their style of life - with:
- appropriate diet,
- regular physical activities (walking, exercizes, swimming, bycicling etc.)
- some antistress regime, (regular sleep, more fun and time off, more outdoor activities, relaxation, yoga, meditation...not accepting more responsibilities that one can take care off)
- Homeopathy - there are great results in helping cure diabetes with homeopathy: appropriate homeopathics can quickly balance sugar levels (not too high, not too low). activate normal function of pancreas and regenerate it`s cells, activate production of insulin and cure hormonal and metabolic problems connected with diabetes. .
- various natural therapies: Reiki and energy treatmants are extremely powerful tool for healing diabetes - long distance or directly.
- herbal remedies
Vitamin K- might help with Insuline Resistance
Studies show that blood sugar levels improved for the men who were taking 500 mcg of vitamin K daily, in combination with multivitamin/multiminerals and additional vitamin D and calcium. It might not work for people who are too obese and too overweight.
Gymnema Sylvestre - Ayurvedic Herb - Sugar Destroyer
Anti- Diabetic Herbs
There are many herbs that help lower blood sugar levels, increase production of insulin and it`s uptake - but nothing works permanently without adequate diet. Miracle natural remedies that would quickly cure diabetes without any personal involvement in exercising, stress relief and without necessary changes in diet - do not exist, altough they do help to easy condition. Diabetes requires full self treatment and some self-discipline, there is no remedy that would work on permanent basis if someone continues to eat what is not allowed, or is not moderately physically active.
Here are few helpful herbs and remedies with strong anti-diabetic properties:
Garlic and onion reduce blood sugar levels, and are an excellent herbal treatment for diabetes, especially when used fresh.
Fenugreek : has strong anti-diabetic properties, as well as triglyceride and LDL cholesterol lowering effects. It has also been shown to support HDL (good cholesterol) levels. Defatted fenugreek seed powder has been shown in studies to increase glucose tolerance and decrease fasting blood glucose levels after as few as 7 days.
Holy basil also has the ability to reduce blood sugar levels, and can lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Goldenseal : It supports secretion of insulin and due to that lowers blood sugar levels.
Panax Ginseng : Ginseng balances blood sugar levels, increases insulin secretion and the number of insulin receptors, and an increase in energy. It also supports support blood vessel health.
Gymnema Sylvestre ,native herb to India, has many benefits for diabetics. It reduces blood sugar levels, but it can also block sweet tastes, and reduce the cravings for sugar. It can also help to regenerate cells in the pancreas which secrete insulin.
Zeolite, mineral that activates insulin secretion and apsorption, it is also strong antioxidant.
Stevia is herb that has sweet taste and can replace sugar in the meals and beverages on natural way, and due to that regulates glucose levels.
Goldenseal - Herbal Anti-diabetic
Zeolite Lowers Blood Sugar
Stevia - Sweetener for Diabetics
Panax Ginseng - Anti-Diabetic
Tips for Anti-Diabetic Diet
The main point of diet is to eat food which will not immediately increase blood sugar levels after meal (food with low or moderate glycemic index) , and avoid all food that quickly increases blood sugar and also avoid bad fats, chemicals and hormones in food.
Avoid refined carbohydrates such as soft drinks (soda), cookies, cakes, chocolates, sweets and sugary breakfast cereals.
Avoid eating milk and diary products.(full of hormones).
Avoid eating white bread, white flower pasta, white rice.
Avoid intake of meat and eggs- such food is full of hormones and bad fats and replace it as much as you can with fito proteins (beans, legumes, tofu, seitan, tempeh). Fito protein foods (all sorts of beans, legumes, tofu, tempeh, seitan), should be eaten at least twice a day (or even better with every meal) to help balance your blood glucose levels. French beans, haricot beans, azuki beans have been used since ancient times as an effective remedy for regulating blood sugar. Fish is also good .
Garlic and onion reduce blood sugar levels, and are an excellent herbal treatment for diabetes.
Increase the consumption of fruit, vegetables and salad greens. Ideally you should consume 1-2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of vegetables daily. Buy organic fruit & vegetables if possible. Include more vegetables with bitter taste (e.g. asparagus)
Significantly increase the consumption of fresh raw organic food in your meals.
Choose wholegrain foods containing all parts of the grain. Good examples include: oats, corn, brown rice, wheat, barley, rye, millet, amaranth, quinoa.
Increase Eating Good Fats: olive oil, line seed oil, pumpkin seed oil, raw nuts and seeds, avodacos are rich in good fats.
Avoid synthetic fats found in margarine, TV dinners, commercially prepared snack foods and deep fried food. When your cells are full of these synthetic fats , insulin cannot work effectively.
Of course: strictly avoid alcohol beverages.
Use only that medications you really need and when you really need, and not on regular basis. The best would be - no medications at all (check list of medications that can trigger diabetes), but no medication should be ever stopped used immediately if one is using it regurarly then very carefully and very gradually.
Ensure you eat regularly and choose healthy snacks mid morning and mid afternoon to balance your blood sugar levels between meals. (like fresh vegetables, green salads, fruits, nuts, seeds, fresh juices)
Genetic Predisposition Of Diabetes: "I Can't Help It, It's My Genes"
As well as you can have a genetic predisposition to being overweight or underweight, you can have a genetic predisposition for insulin resistance and developing diabetes.
While eating completely same type of food, some people gain weight, some people lose it, some have healthy blood sugar levels (at least for certain period of time), some other develop insulin resistance and diabetes. This difference is often connected with type of food your mother had eaten during the pregnancy and type of food you are used to eat in your earliest age and during the childhood.
If you developed diabetes and suspect that genetics may be a factor, you have a choice. You can accept it as your destiny, start to take medication and do nothing else about it, so your disease will continue to progress, or you can consider that you have that much greater reason to learn to eat healthy food, exercise and learn how to manage your stress so your sugar levels will return to normal and your pancreas will start to heal.
Of course, global epidemic of diabetes worldwide can be solved by prevention only, and for that people need to significantly and globally change style of life that should be in friendship with nature, not against it : people should seriosly minimize pollution and it`s disastrous effects on all of us (what is the point of false " development" and quick "industrial progress" if it is killing us all), find the way how to solve and prevent poverty wisely as well as people should finally start to grow healthy food again and decide to live more relaxed and physically active lives. Up till this happens, diabetes will be successfully cured only on individual basis, while very many will suffer and die from it.
Copyright: Tatiana-Michaela Pribic
My services and pricing
I provide the following services, while on-line:
- E-mail healing consultations
- Long-distance healing (Bio-energy, Reiki, radionics)
- Recommendation and of remedies and diet tips
- Prepare individual homeopathic/remedies which completely match the need of my clients and are highly efficient: I can combine much more remedies and healing vibrations then any of the companies which produce them for massive use.
1. E-mail healing consultations, that are great for the people who are a lot on-line, or because of various reasons have no opportunity or wish to go directly on appointment with healer.
- communication through the e-mail or directly through the chat service
- finding cause of health problem
- recommendation of must appropriate remedies (homeopathic or/and herbal)
- recommendation of the most appropriate diet
- radiestesy analysis with pendulum
- The price of consultation is 50 US$.
2. If someone is interested in long-distance healing (Reiki, bio-energy, radionics), WHICH IS ALSO HIGLY EFFICIENT, you can contact me through my e-mail email@example.com
- Price for 30 minutes healing treatment is usually 25 US$. Number of treatments needed vary from person to person.
4. Price of my homeopathics/radionics remedies is circa 30 US $ per remedy.
I wish you all the best health possible,
Homeopath and Reiki teacher
My Other Health Hubs:
- POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME, ENDOMETRIOSIS & SUCCESF...
Very many women have various health problems connected with their reproductive organs. These disorders or diseases are usually connected with some psychological traumas, like- -sexual energy suppressed or...
- FEMALE HORMONES - NATURAL CURE FOR IMBALANCE & MENOP...
Estrogene hormones Estradiol Phytoestrogens and homeopatics Myoma-natural cure Predominance of estrogene and how to balance it Progesterone Phytoprogesterone Testosterone Hormones...
- We are all hormonal beings: HUB FOR EVERY WOMAN OLDE...
Aging process is not directly connected with the certain age - it is more connected with the style of life someone has - with the level of stress, use of various toxins (alcohol, drugs, tobacco, medicines),...
- MAMMOGRAMS Can Cause Cancer
. Are you among the women who avoid mammograms or you belong to the group that have routine mammograms? Are you doing regular self-exam of the breasts? On November 16, the US Preventive Services Task...
- EXCELLENT NATURAL CURE FOR ARTHRITIS
Bones are important part of our immune system: blood cells develop in bone marrow. Bones store many minerals which are of main importance for the health of the body. Some bones store lipids which are great...
- SLEEP: The Best Remedy Ever
. There is nothing better then good sleep to get rest, regenerate the body and soul and get healed. A lot of health problems occur just because people today do not have healthy quality and quantity of...
- NATURAL CURE FOR PAIN
We feel the pain through the same neural receptors through which we sense acidity, actually raising up level of acidity is direct cause of pain. When pain occurs, it brings us sudden discomfort on which we...
- DEPRESSION? LET THE SUNSHINE IN & HEAL IT ON NATURAL...
Depression is most common human disorder. Every human being has been depressed, at certain periods of his/her life. Feelings of sadness, loneliness, hopelessness, anxiety, worthlessness,...
- GROIN PAIN causes & natural cure: HERNIA, PROSTATE, ...
It is very common that people feel pain and discomfort in the groin area: it is the place were the abdomen ends and legs begin. Men have more sensitive groin area and they more often developed health problems...
- Reiki is Universal Love, Light and Energy
Reiki (Ray-kee) is an ancient healing art that is a gentle, non-invasive, natural treatment method. Its origins are ancient Tibetan; it was rediscovered in the late 1800s by Japanese educator Dr. Mikao Usui....
- NATURAL CURE for HEREDITARY DISEASES -Homeopathics ...
Many hereditary diseases are passed on within families from one generation to the next. Just as children may inherit normal features such as blue eyes or blond hair from one or both parents, children can also...
- How To Improve BRAIN FUNCTIONS and Prevent Memory Lo...
Majority of people are very afraid of losing memory and getting dementia in older age. When we see old people completely confused with destructed functions of brain and bodies, all of us secretly wish that...
- BIPOLAR DISORDER and proven natural ways of healing
V.Gogh From the point of alternative healing systems, every individual is unique, We never heal only illness, we heal the individual, mind, emotions, body and soul. When we discuss diseases is not easy to...
- NATURAL CURE FOR LYME DISEASE
Lyme disease is the most common tick-borne disease in the Norther hemisphere. Bacteria Borrelia is transmitted to humans by the bite of infected ticks belonging to a few species of the genus Ixodes (the
- HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST
Obesity is a matter of great concern in many countries around the world. People are suffering from obesity, due to regular intake of fast food such as pizzas, hot dogs, potato chips, cookies and soft drinks...
- Unite for Diabetes | World Diabetes Day
The Unite for Diabetes campaign united the entire diabetes community and succeeded in securing a United Nations resolution on diabetes. Why diabetes? Diabetes is a global problem with devastating human, social and economic impact. Today more than 300
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Islets of Langerhans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia