Dealing With Depression - 5 Helpful Hints to Give You Hope
What is Depression?
In this article, I will give you 5 helpful hints to give you hope, even in what seem like your darkest hours.
Depression is such a debilitating disease, it will take over your life, make you feel worse than anything you believed possible, without actually feeling ill.
Depression begins with a depletion of serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter responsible for maintaining your mood, sleep cycle, and temperature levels, stable.
Dealing With Depression
Here are 5 helpful hints to give you hope, and help you in dealing with depression.
1. Drink plenty of water. Even mild dehydration can slow down your metabolism around 3%, and lack of water is the number one trigger of daytime fatigue, also a symptom of depression. Mild dehydration can also produce feelings of anxiety and depression. So of course drinking plenty of water will help to counteract the symptoms.
Fruit & Vegetables
Eat and Drink Heathily
2. Eat a carefully chosen diet, to include plenty of protein sources, such as lean meat, green leafy vegetables, beans, all of which helped to produce the neurotransmitters you are lacking.
3. Avoid alcohol, which will not only dehydrate you (see point 1) it will also increase your heart rate, which will increase anxiety. Alcohol will destroy a lot of the vitamins your body needs to reduce anxiety.
Exercise is Good
4. Get plenty of exercise, regularly. Even if only a walk every day, will help the heart rate and also get the endorphins going, for better general well-being.
5. Decide for yourself which course of treatment you want to take; First seek doctors advice, then decide whether you want to take medication, or try to deal with it with natural remedies. The doctor will tell you how severe your case is, and you can take it from there.
However you decide to deal with it, there is always a solution, always a way out, no matter how dark things may seem. Treat yourself to a cup of cocoa, or a slab of dark chocolate (also a helpful natural remedy) and feel better!!
Chocolate and depression
I'm not kidding, if you like cocoa or chocolate, look here!
Chocolate lovers will find solace there, but whatever your preference, remember there is always a solution, no one has to go it alone.