- Women's Health
HOW TO ATTAIN EASY MENOPAUSE
My Easy Menopause Experience
I went into menopause at 50 and believe it or not, there seem to be no difference at all with me physically emotionally and spiritually. Actually, I never imagined it would be this easy. To tell you the truth I used to dread reaching this stage.
I used to believe that all those who reach their menopause stage become inactive, irritable, choosy and sickly. I was thinking that once a woman is into menopause then that is the end of her happy days.
Well who would not feel this way when menopause has always been regarded as a difficult stage in a woman's life. In fact it has even (silently but obviously) been considered a shameful stage by many
Why Do Women Dread Menopause
Consider the younger folks who oftentimes take the word menopause as a laughing matter. When they want to make fun of an aging woman or any woman who turns quite slow, sickly or difficult to deal with they will mock and make her a laughingstock while calling her “menopause lady” With this, can you blame a woman if he hides her final arrival to menopausal stage?
Apart from the ridicules which bring some emotional and mental torture, the physical pain of going through this stage is also considerable. I have a friend 4 years my junior who has been complaining about hot flashes. She is worried why she sometimes feel abnormally hot especially her face and half of her body. This is apart from constant headaches and the many health issues that she has been constantly complaining about.
Obviously she is heading for menopause. The doctors explain that hot flashes and even night sweats are but normal to about 50 percent of menopausal woman. Once a woman reached her forties there is an expected decrease in supply of hormone estrogen and the older she gets, the lesser the supply becomes. So that explains why those hot flashes, night sweats and even sometimes cold flashes occur.
Even if those symptoms are considered normal to those who are in menopausal stage, I can’t blame anyone who experiences menopausal syndrome to be unhappy. Apart from hot flashes night sweats and cold flashes there are many more difficult symptoms such as mood swing, irregular and heavy bleeding, headaches, fatigue, gum problems, hair thinning, fatigue, weak joints, memory lapses, bone loss or osteoporosis, breast pain, loss of libido, vaginal dryness, dizziness and many more.
The Ways To Get Into Easy Menopause
1. Engage in a regular exercise at least thirty minutes a day. You don’t even have to go the gym. You can do daily exercise without spending any money. Brisk walking is the best exercise for women. I do mixtures of brisk walking, jogging, jumping rope and aerobics every day around the village. My husband is always with me so I am not practically alone. I do these activities for up to one hour but I don’t exceed that time. Remember, exercising does not mean making oneself too tired and weary.
2. Watch what you eat. Eat more vegetables and fruits. Avoid fatty, salty and sweet foods. Processed meat is a no, no and soda drinks too. Avoid coffee or any drink with addictive substance. Remember that what you eat is what you are and it will make a great impact in the latter days of your life. If you don’t know how to practice moderation in eating and in every thing, you will suffer the consequences.
I don’t eat junks. You will never see me eating those junk foods. When I am hungry in between meal, I have cold slices of carrots, turnips, cucumber, apples, pineapple, avocados, bananas, and any fruit in season. Those are healthy and will not bring toxins and carcinogens into my body. I am also into juicing. I am juicing mixtures of fruits and vegetables with great results.
I also do take fresh malunggay tea with turmeric and lemon juice every morning.
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Most women can’t even consume three glasses of water a day. Well not me. I take at least 8 to 12 glasses each day. I never substitute carbonated drinks, tea or coffee to water. Water is the cheapest and yet the most effective way of avoiding early wrinkles. It does not only refresh and hydrate but it also cleanses the body.
4. Get enough sleep. Night life will dry up your skin and will weaken your immune system. Forget about late nights and give your body enough sleep all day. It must be at least seven to eight hours a night. Also remember that lack of sleep will weaken your liver.
5. No vice please. Avoid smoking, drinking and all other unhealthy vices. I never engage in these vices not even once in my life. Why? Well this is self-explanatory. People are just trying to hide the realities because they are too weak to control their human desire.
6. Maintain a happy disposition. Even the Bible has good words about this. In Proverbs 17:22 it says, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine but a broken spirit drieth up the bones." So take these words seriously. Despite the odds, there are countless things to be thankful about so smile! Take time to enjoy your loved ones, play with your kids and be as happy as they are. Learn to live life easily and be cool in stressful circumstances. Let God take care of our worries.
Well those are all that I did. I wasn't even thinking that those would give me the benefit of easy menopause. I was just trying to live a health life and without me knowing it, my way of life have effectively helped me get into a painless menopause.
Now, I am living my golden years easily and blissfully. I don’t have to bother about my monthly menstruation. I have been relieved of that monthly trouble. I am 54 and yet I am as active and as happy as when I was 20. I don’t have any chronic or bothersome health issues. My physical, emotional and spiritual conditions are all in excellent condition.
Well this is all because I have learned to follow the right steps toward aging gracefully. I am not only healthy and strong but I am also at peace with people around me and most of all with my God from whom I owe this healthy body, mind and spirit. I hope you too can achieve this.
May God bless you all!