jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can you keep your eyes safe and healthy?

1. Vizey profile image51
    Vizeyposted 8 years ago

How can you keep your eyes safe and healthy?

2. LiamBean profile image89
    LiamBeanposted 8 years ago

Proper vitamin intake helps. Beta carotene, an essential nutrient in carrots, will help. Have your eyes examined every two years. Your ophthalmologist will be able to store and track changes to your eyes over the years. Using your eyes to focus on objects at various distances will help keep the muscles that control the shape of the eye toned and healthy. This of this as a form of exercise.

It is also important to wear shaded glasses when outside. Research has shown that UV exposure is not only bad for your skin it can cause cataracts in your eyes.

3. DonnyBoy profile image59
    DonnyBoyposted 8 years ago

Carrots, spinach, alot of V8, the strawberry banana works best.
    Load on potassium daily but not overboard.
    Never read in the dark. Never buy a red rider bee-bee gun at 12 yrs old. Just some things I do i have a step above 20/20 vision but used to be able to read license plates from 800 feet.

4. vppromoter profile image37
    vppromoterposted 8 years ago

I have three tips for you:

First two are related to vitamin A, which is most important for your eyes.

1. carotene oil which has very big amount of this vitamin. If you will make your food only with this oil, you will have daily required amount of vitamin A.

2. Carrots carrots and one more time carrots

3. Regular eye exams. They are expensive sometimes, so check for coupons! I wrote informational hub about eye exam coupons if someone will be interested in this kind of activity. BTW - did you know that eye exam will show your sugar level and diabetic alarm?

working