jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone suffered with "frozen shoulder"?

1. Shepherd's Lamb profile image72
    Shepherd's Lambposted 8 years ago

Has anyone suffered with "frozen shoulder"?

A couple of months ago I suddenly couldn't lift my arm without it "locking" at about a 45-degree angle.  Has anyone else suffered such a thing?  If so, do you know what causes it and how to treat it?  Does it ever go away?  Is anyone disabled because of it?  Thank you for your help!

2. kids ride on toys profile image50
    kids ride on toysposted 8 years ago

i have never heard of this condition...i would go and see a doctor

3. Dim Flaxenwick profile image80
    Dim Flaxenwickposted 8 years ago

Yes , I have after a very minor fallthat hurt my ribs and the whole of my left arm. My doctor noticed that as the ribs were healing my arm was getting worse. The painfull frozen shoulder came from lack of movement. Obviously with damaged ribs I was focussed on them and hardly noticed my arm,which had tendonitis and my frozen shoulder. Gently moving it even though it hurts is the best way to heal It took many weeks of physiotherapy for me and heat!!! even a hot water bottle on the painful area will relax the muscles and you'll be able to move it a little more. It's a slow recovery but mine is pretty much as good as new and I'm not so young. I do hope this helps.

4. Dim Flaxenwick profile image80
    Dim Flaxenwickposted 8 years ago

a synopsis of how l managed to get ┬┤frozen shoulder┬┤plus a few tips on what to do and not to do if it happens to you. read more

Closed to reply

working