What Are The Myths That Make Dieting Difficult?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What Are The Myths That Make Dieting Difficult?

2. anisetta profile image53
    anisettaposted 8 years ago

One thing about dieting that also relates to shopping for clothes is that the marketing and advertisement portrays very skinny women in sexy clothes. On dieting, we are suppose to believe that the model lost so many pounds and became beautiful with the diet alone.  Sure, if we want to be like the model, we rush and get into the diet, but soon we find that we are not the model. Our body frame and metabolism are different, among  all the traits that a professional model inherently has. 

I relate the problem with diet marketing to shopping for clothes, any type of clothing seems to be designed for skinny and people.  I was just looking at Victoria's Secret catalog and could not find one model that I could identify with.  I am not that fat, not that old either, but the models just seem so unrealistic. I think, why even bother to waste my time looking for a nice top and jeans if I cannot see those clothes on a model that looks more like me and not like Barbie?

I believe that if marketing paid more attention to all the different body frames of people, the companies business would do much better on sales. And I think this applies to dieting and clothes among other things that we need, and many that we do not need.

3. Suzie Parker profile image62
    Suzie Parkerposted 8 years ago

Some of the many myths are:

* You have to avoid carbs
    * The only good protein are tofu
    * You have to consume all most no calories at all

Good carbs like whole wheat products, baby potatoes and brown rice are excellent energy sources and shouldn't be avoided and any lean protein is fine to include in a diet. And you will need at least 2500 calories and you should never go below that.