jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it cheaper and better for you to roll your own smokes?

1. mistywild profile image59
    mistywildposted 8 years ago

Is it cheaper and better for you to roll your own smokes?

With smokes being a million a pcak I want to try this as an alternative but don't know if it's more dangerous for you since there is no filter or if it's actually cheaper and better for you, whatever that may mean.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 8 years ago

Well it is cheaper, thats for sure. But better for you, I can not imagine that its any healthier really. Most people who roll their own do not use a filter and if rolling tobacco is any better then pre-rolled the benefit is likely lost due to no filter. This is my guess anyway.

3. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

Take it from an ex-smoker - the best way to go is to buy a small cigarette-making machine that makes one cigarette at a time.  You can then buy tubes that contain a filter and a can of tobacco.  You arrange the tobacco in the machine, put the filter on the end, and slide the handle.  The machine stuffs the tube for you.  Tap a couple times of filter end to make sure tobacco is all the way to the end of the filter, light and smoke.

This method is cheaper and you tend to smoke less if you can only make one at a time.

Of course, quitting is not only the cheapest; but, healthier too.

4. Miss Know-It-All profile image56
    Miss Know-It-Allposted 8 years ago

It is ALOT cheaper to do that. I don't know where your from but in Canada it use to cost 1.50 for 100 player's filter's which are like real cigarette filter's and a tube of tobacco was $20 and a cigarette machine is around 10$ so pretty much the most you'll pay per month is $20 for the tobacco.

working