jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do when you are dealing with burnout

1. AEvans profile image82
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

What do you do when you are dealing with burnout

2. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

That's a hard one. I take a break from it and go swimming. There's something about water that soothes my body and soul and prepares me to go back and deal with a situation I find difficult. Temporarily I am suspended and held by something other than me - and I go as often as I need. I imagine it will be different for every person since we are all seeking healing of the mind, body and spirit when we are in that state.

3. heavenbound5511 profile image79
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

When I am extremley stressed & feel I can't take anymore, or when I have a heaviness on me- I praise God - & THAT HEAVINESS LEAVES ME. When we prasie God, he promises that the spirit of heaviness will leave and we will be refreshed & it's really true & works. Like prasing Him for a little while more than 5min, that's when I feel it leave.Praising God is a commandment. Sometimes we just need to take a break &rest also. Rely on God & he will keep you movin!

Is. 61:3 “To give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.”  The word “garment” in Hebrew shows praise as more than a piece of clothing casually thrown over the shoulders. It literally teaches us to “wrap or cover ourselves.” The garment of praise is to leave no openings through which hostile elements can penetrate. This garment of praise repels and replaces the heavy spirit. Like Paul and Silas in the prison in Acts 16, we must put on praise. We need to offer the Sacrifice of Praise when we don’t feel like it

4. nifwlseirff profile image97
    nifwlseirffposted 6 years ago

Freelancers more often burnout than employed workers, although all are at risk. Learn how to notice the symptoms, and what you can do to recover and prevent work-induced exhaustion and illness. read more