jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should people donate or sell their spare body organs legally or illegally?

1. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Should people donate or sell their spare body organs legally or illegally?

Would you do so.. to save a life?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Personally, I don't think there should be an illegal element to it since it is your body, and you are free to give your consent about what's done with your body. While I am a law-abiding citizen, if I had a loved one who was dying and I had the organ they needed but couldn't give it to them because of all the red tape, I'd find a way to give it to them anyway. Prison is a fair enough exchange for saving someone's life, and I could live with myself much better that way than abiding by the law and watching someone die needlessly.

3. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 7 years ago

Donation is the way to go. Get rid of all the red tape when it comes to a person's life.

4. teamrn profile image67
    teamrnposted 7 years ago

I have on my  driver's license and on Advance Directives that I'd like to be an organ donor; but I don't want to partake in black market organ donation. As far as I'm concerned, many more than currently donate, should do so; but I'm sure some have religious reasons for not.

I think there should be a system for organ donation, like the transplant system that there is now. No illegal body part selling.

working