jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any advice on relieving chronic neck and trapezius pain? It results in frequent

1. taogal profile image56
    taogalposted 7 years ago

Any advice on relieving chronic neck and trapezius pain? It results in frequent headaches.....

A few months back, I noticed that my neck and left trapezius feel achy all the time, and it resulted in daily headaches. I see a massage therapist regularily, and that relieves the headaches, but the achiness continues. I practice Tai Chi and Qigong, so its not like I over work my neck and back, and although I spend time on computer, I don't spend all day on it. Any advice?

2. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 7 years ago

I have a book called The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies.  Excellent book for overcoming soft-tissue pain.  Can DIY

3. janmodric profile image81
    janmodricposted 7 years ago

Forced posture and a disorder in the neck spine (a pinched nerve) are two common causes of headache on the back of the head.

4. fetty profile image75
    fettyposted 7 years ago

My husband frequently injures his neck in his work. We have a bag filled with minerals that fits perfectly around the neck. This item is called a Wonderwrap. I believe we bought it at Walmart or Walgreens. I wet it in the sink with warm water . Microwave it for about 2 minutes and it provides wet, moist heat for the neck. The minerals stay warm for up to half an hour. You can also use a cold pack on your neck or alternate between these two methods. Good Luck.

5. drkatia profile image59
    drkatiaposted 7 years ago

You must get a diagnosis as to what is generating the pain; muscle, disc, joint or nerve?  The muscles can be tight due to postural load  or due to muscle weakness.  The facet joints can also refer to into the trapezius muscular region. 
    If massage therapy helps temporarily but the pain reoccurs then there has to be a reason for this; is it posture, ergonomics or muscular weakness?  It might be helpful to find a Chiropractor to help with an accurate diagnosis. Good luck...

working