How does one refill a Parker Flaminaire lighter?

1. henryallen profile image53
    henryallenposted 7 years ago

How does one refill a Parker Flaminaire lighter?

Is it possible? I got it really cheap.

2. Stan Calloway profile image58
    Stan Callowayposted 2 years ago

push down on the wheel on the top.  that wheel release the part that you turn to light the flame, and allows you to change the flint.  mine was really tight and took some fiddling.  remove the bottom cover.  just pull on it, it comes off, trust me.  once the bottom is off and the flint reload mechanism is out, pull the whole assembly out of the case.  inside that assembly is a Butabloc tank.  mine says-  Return "Empty" to your dealer or Parker Pen.    LOL!!!  those dirty bastards.  it's not refillable by the end user.  they will gladly sell you another tank of gas though.  or hit up your dealer. so, ...... once you figure out how to open the stupid thing,  you could try to put gas in through the out valve. you'll have to refill it while the tank is in it's sleeve, otherwise you wont be able to hold the stem pulled out(open), which it needs to be in order to put gas back into it.  can't fill a tank with a sealed valve, right?  apparently there are adapters that come with certain brands of refill canisters, so look around at the local smoke shop or wherever and you'll probably find somethign that will work.  if you're completely confused, you may want to just go and buy a new tank, if you can find them.

1. Stan Calloway profile image58
      Stan Callowayposted 2 years agoin reply to this

here's a pic of the lighter disassembled.  hope that helps in figuring out how to open it

working