jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

i am an empath who now feels the need to protect people and possibly because of

1. profile image46
    gaurdianposted 7 years ago

i am an empath who now feels the need to protect people and possibly because of my training with...

violence i cannot escape the feeling that at times something is wrong around me and my home after i was hurt deep years ago i started drinking because i did not know how to handle it, people cannot lie to me but so many do and i feel angry i need help and i am searching for it now from the type of people i should have a long time ago

2. LillyGrillzit profile image77
    LillyGrillzitposted 7 years ago

Find a counselor that offers Post Traumatic Stress work. Reiki is also a safe way to have deep trauma work done. Peace...

3. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

How to Get Rid of Other People's Energies and also my see my other tips for Empaths

here's the link:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Psychism--7-Sig … -an-Empath

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure about a specific question here, but all I can say is that you have to find a way to build your own life apart from the expectations (or perceived expectations) of other people, or it will destroy your life. You sound very much like my husband, also an empath, who over the years has become convinced that the entire world expects him to save it. To some extent this is true...he's very intelligent, competent, and a natural leader, so people often look to him for guidance whether there's a rational reason to or not. He's dedicated his life to saving other people -- first as a Navy firecracker, now going on 34 years in medicine -- and can't find ways to cope with the ones he wasn't able to help or the constant pressure of expectation. For a while he went into something completely different -- he started repairing electronics. He worked alone except for a single co-worker, he stopped drinking, and he limited his contact with anyone who knew him well. While it lasted, it worked wonders...he was visibly happy, could sleep at night, and was easily able to keep stress at bay. He wasn't able to stay away from "saving the world," but it made a huge difference while he did.

5. emotrance profile image56
    emotranceposted 7 years ago

Emotions are real and they have a good reason for being there.

Luckily, we have new 21st century approaches to dealing with emotions now, just wish more people would know about them!

I recommend you look up EFT (scared of posting links!) Emotional Freedom Techniques, which is a really good self help technique that's literally in your own hands. It's simple, easy and has helped lots of people. Wishing you all the best!