I have a 1" stitched wound from a mole removal on chest..Is it normal to have th

1. profile image45
    964racerposted 7 years ago

I have a 1" stitched wound from a mole removal on chest..Is it normal to have thin dark line ?

Along the seam after 7 days ?   I had a previous one done but I never had the dark line appear.  This happened  after stitches were removed and steri-strips applied. Line is pencil thin - maybe scab forming along boundary ?

2. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

I'm not a doctor, but by what it sounds like it could just be a scab forming (which is good - means its healing). If it turns green, yellow, or becomes red and inflamed seek medical attention immediately. Don't pick at it or irritate it in any way. One thing you can do to keep the area clean is to rub hydrogen peroxide on the area with a cotton swab. Then apply some neosporin to the area. Having some food or beverage high in Vitamin C will help too.

3. RNMSN profile image91
    RNMSNposted 7 years ago

probably...no surrounding redness? no swelling? no pain? just a dark line....if its flat it may well stay like that a bit..if its raised then yes probably a scab...how dark? are you dark toned? did you get really tanned over the summer? is the scar in a crease on your chest? have yu gone back to the MD? if not, at least call and ask...its probably nothing but never hurts to ask.just keep it clean and dry as a bone...scars are fragile and you dont want to cover it or goop it up with a lot of greasy stuff...keep it open to air, clean with soap and water and dry and go back to the MD...the MD is always the last word!!

working