I am looking for a good surgeon for an umbilical hernia. Any suggestions what to look for?
As far as I know, the following are the important things you have to look for:
1. What is the experience of the surgeon in treating hernia and what are the complications he has gone through?
2. How successful he was in overcoming those complications and what exactly was the success rate
3. How experienced he is with the usage of various implants/meshes and what the success rate was
4. Of the cases he has handled, how many have got a recurrent hernia later, and what were the reasons
5. Does he share the patient education documents that come with the products (implants/meshes) if any of them is to be used?
Well this shouldn't be all, but this might give you an idea.
Thank you for your answer. What do you know of the incidence of infection with the usage of mesh, and would the surgeon be open to the idea of not using a mesh? Additionally, are the sutures of a synthetic material or of a natural origin?
by Amanda S5 years ago
There are so many decisions to be made when choosing to have breast augmentation: Profile (high, moderate, moderate plus), over or under the muscle, saline or silicone, round or tear-drop shaped, and incision (nipple,...
by CandyFlossx3 years ago
How important is it to have larger breast? Honest and serious answer only please.I'm only an A cup and feeling highly self conscious about myself. My body measurement is 32" 23" 36" and 166 cm in hight...
by PhoenixV5 years ago
What Are The Symptoms Of A Hernia?What are the symptoms that you might have a hernia? Everyone should get a doctor's advice, but what would you recommend for dealing with a hernia?
by Dr Kulsum Mehmood4 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Diabetes And Its Complications. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.