jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it true that the average person 'eats' upto 4 spiders in their sleep during t

1. Jangaplanet profile image82
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

Is it true that the average person 'eats' upto 4 spiders in their sleep during their lifetime?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I certainly hope not.  I've never woke up with any sort of. . . .discomfort in my mouth or throat like that.  If I sleep with my mouth open, then I'll feel the drool, wake up, and re arrange myself.  I never sleep on my back, and so it's much easier to NOT sleep with my mouth open.

YUCK.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have heard that, and I hope it is one of those statistics that has no facts to back it up.  I am not afraid of snakes, or mice--but I cannot stand the idea of those creepy 8 legged critters finding their way onto any part of me--much less my mouth----ICK!!!

4. TheBlondie profile image61
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Nope! I was worried about it, and my mother and I were talking about it. We looked up articles about it on the internet, and it was proven that it was just an old wives tale. It makes sense, actually- if you were a spider on someone's face in the middle of the night, would you crawl into a giant gaping, breathing cave?

working