jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is less painful - to trip over a 'wet floor' sign or to slip on the wet flo

1. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

What is less painful - to trip over a 'wet floor' sign or to slip on the wet floor itself?

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

I think you may have come up with the unanswerable question!  A real 'koan!'

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image80
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I think slipping on the wet floor would be more painful. If you trip on the sign, you get the pain of hitting the sign ~plus hitting the floor.

4. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

Good question. I have slipped on wet floors before. One time smashing both my elbows, as My legs flew out in front of me and I landed heavily on them. Probably looked really funny, but it damn well hurt and now I suffer from arthritis in both.
    If a person does not see the Wet Floor sign then they are obviously not watching where they are walking. There really is no excuse for that. Wet floors however are a real hazard, as you often can't tell that they are wet. Slipping means you can end up  falling all sorts of ways and doing some very nasty damage to your body.
    Hope this helps.

5. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

I'm going to go with the wet floor. With the sign, you might find yourself punctured or kind of jabbed with the triangle-point end of the sign.... somewhere not much fun. The floor is a flat surface, so I would imagine that falling on the wet floor is actually less painful than falling over a wet floor sign. If I had to pick one, I'd definitely say its easier to fall on the floor.

6. WetFloorSignCone profile image60
    WetFloorSignConeposted 4 years ago

The answer is definitely slipping on a floor.  The most common injury is a fractured vertebrae and those injuries account for 15% of workers compensation expenses. Slip, trips, and falls are a huge deal in todays workplace and that's why we created the Banana Cone. The most visible and funniest wet floor cone on the market. For more information, visit www.bananaproducts.com