jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think the true reason why, men life expectancy is shorter than wom

1. KaisaJordan profile image65
    KaisaJordanposted 6 years ago

What do you think the true reason why,  men life expectancy is shorter than  women

Let get the facts out maybe you can help a man out there live a little longer.

2. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

Testosterone. Women have much less of it.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

There are many different factors, but the primary ones seem to be that men are much more likely to participate in high-risk activities (i.e. hazardous jobs, drive too fast as teenagers, etc.), and they are also much less likely to seek medical attention if something is wrong until it's unbearable. Stats also show that men are less likely to be health-conscious, but I think this is changing a bit.

4. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 6 years ago

I'm not a doctor, but given what I have experienced with the man in my life, I believe men take on the brunt of the burden of life. I think that's really stressful and wears them out more quickly than women. When a woman gets stressed out she'll just say "Calgon, take me away!" and go soak in a warm bubble bath. And, the whole world stops until she's back on track again. Men don't seem to take time to unwind and let their body and mind recuperate. I think that's what shortens their lives.

working