Any ideas about how to get to sleep faster and wake up not in pain from lupus an

1. nancynurse profile image78
    nancynurseposted 6 years ago

Any ideas about how to get to sleep faster and wake up not in pain from lupus and fibromyals. i

I need to get to activities faster in the morning but pain stops me.

2. mattforte profile image92
    mattforteposted 6 years ago

I can't honestly I know much about either of those, but I do know that my grandmother has fibromyalgia. Being a natural health guy, I had read some time ago that 5-htp is suppose to help with that a bit. You can take 5-htp before bed (at least a half hour after your last bite of protein, otherwise the protein will just absorb it)
    It will not only help you fall asleep, but it is also suppose to help with that kind of pain. Then you can take it again in the morning (It will have different effects at night and in the morning).
    It's not a miracle cure, but it at least helped a little for my grandma.

3. Island Hopper profile image59
    Island Hopperposted 6 years ago

I do agree with Michelle that food can often be a problem for people with autoimmune diseases. Research hypoallergenic diets and at least try a diet free of major allergens (gluten, dairy, eggs, shellfish, possibly soy). Get plenty of probitics (not cow's milk but coconut, soy, or goat's milk) or in supplement form. Get plenty of enzymes, which would help to eat raw like Michelle recommends, or even take some plant-based enzyme supplements when you eat, but don't depend on them forever, or your body will may less of its own eventually. Fresh pineapple is a good source of enzymes and is often recommended for those with RA (another autoimmune disease) in getting rid of immune complexes in the body and reducing the autoimmune response.

Research different amino acids and melatonin for sleep/mood issues. Also research low dose naltrexone and alpha lipoic acid treatment to see what you think.