Can I take Ranitidine for heartburn while taking Fluvoxamine and Trazodone

1. profile image51
    Lynetteavaposted 6 years ago

Can I take Ranitidine for heartburn while taking Fluvoxamine and Trazodone

I was recently put on Fluvox and trazodone and now I have bad heart burn along with some acid reflux. I only have non prescription strength ranitidine here at home and was wondering if it is safe to use.

2. m0rd0r profile image72
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

According to the drug description made in Bulgaria, it is safe with SSRI an SARI andtidepresants:

Ranitidin is a weak inhibitor of liver medicine metabolism. The simultaneous administration of Rantidin with oral anticoagulants, phenytoin, benzodiazepines, beta-blockers and theophyllin inhibits their elimination. During the simultaneous administration of Rantidin with anticoagulants should be controlled the prothrombin time and if possible to monitor plasma concentrations of the latter, in order to avoid eventual bleeding. Ranitidin inhibits the resorption of ketoconazole and antiacids, containing aluminium and magnesium. The simultaneous administration of Ranitidin with procainamide may reduce its excretion via the kidneys and as a result to increase the plasma concentration of procainamide.

If you want to be 100% sure than 1% sorry -> try Talcid or ordinary baking soda.

working