What Are Important Medical Screening Tests For Women?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

What Are Important Medical Screening Tests For Women?

Health screening tests are important in identifying possible life-threatening medical problems. What are the important medical screening tests that women should go through?
    And at what age should the medical screening tests be done?

2. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 5 years ago

Mamogram, pap smear, yearly labs to include a cbc (complete blood count) Shows your red and white cells  , tsh (thryroid), cmp (complete metobolic panel) Shows your liver and kidney funtions as well as glucose, hydration, lipid panel (cholesterol).  Mamogram screening at 35 then once a year after 40 all other labs should be done yearly on any adult no matter what age.  It can help you determine or prevent any other problems that could come along especially if you have hereditary problems in your family.  A cardiac profile should be done if anyone in your family is known to have heart disease. All menapausal women should have a bone density test to see if they have osteopenia which can lead to osteoporosis.  Women who have had hysterectomies should still get a pap smear why?  Because you still can get vaginal cancer and stds.  Women 50 or have a family history of colon cancer need a conloscopy.  I would also ask for iron studies if you are anemic and a CEA if cancer runs in your family.  Women who have a family history of breast cancer and are under 45 should get a BRACA analysis to see if they have the gene.  Prevention is the key.  If you have a good doctor they will do these test without asking for them.

3. penlady profile image59
    penladyposted 5 years ago

I did an article on this subject.  Here it is: http://penlady.hubpages.com/hub/Attention-Ladies

I hope it answers all your questions.