jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe that eating food after 8 PM at night adds to weight gain?

1. dashingclaire profile image71
    dashingclaireposted 5 years ago

Do you believe that eating food after 8 PM at night adds to weight gain?

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

It's possible for this to happen if the person is not getting enough sleep every night and when that person is not getting enough exercise. I don't believe it's as much the time but the other factors in that person's lifestyle.

3. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Not really...if its carbs followed by 8 hours of sleeping, then naturally the excess will be stored as fat. However, if its an apple or something healthy like that, then its actually good- it keeps your metabolism going while you "fast" during your sleep.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Only if you've had enough calories for the day. If you're hungry and haven't eaten enough for the day, calories after 8 pm won't add weight. Calories are calories, and they don't know what time it is! It takes 3500 calories to make a pound, regardless of what kind of calorie or at what time it is eaten.

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Yes, our metabolic rate slows down with rest and sleep. Hence, calories consumed after this time, especially if they are carbohydrate-laden will not likely be burned off as readily. I also think eating late is an unhealthy lifestyle habit that is accompanied by other unhealthy habits which may contribute to weight gain.

6. AvineshP profile image59
    AvineshPposted 4 years ago

Well, for a normal layman, the timings won't matter. But, when you look at it from a medical point of view that it surely does matter. I agree that eating food after 8 PM at night can lead to weight gain.