jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where can one get first aid training? Can I get lessons online? How about the ac

1. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Where can one get first aid training? Can I get lessons online? How about the actual hands on?

It is very important that we should all know the basic of first aid. Where can one get first aid training? Can you get it onli9ne for theories and just apply it on your own? or you need to attend classes for it?

2. Robert Erich profile image91
    Robert Erichposted 5 years ago

You need to attend a class first, and then sometimes you can take refreshers online to keep yourself certified. The hands on experience is necessary for getting the certification in the first place.

3. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

contact your local American Red Cross.  if they don't offer it, they can point you in the right direction.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I taught first aid and CPR as a volunteer instructor for the American Red Cross for nearly 20 years. I would recommend the Red Cross as the place to go to for first aid training. Most area chapters have classes. Google the American Red Cross for a chapter near you to find out what classes they have going on. I would not recommend you try to learn first aid online! This is information that is best learned in an interactive learning situation taught by certified instructors. The Red Cross format provides plenty of practice time and you will receive a training manual to take with you for your review at a later point in time.

5. Bedbugabscond profile image98
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

Sometimes local community colleges offer First Aid Training & CPR. They usually have the American Red Cross come in to teach it, but you get 1 college credit.

working