jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How to treat endometroma? Do you have endometrosis?

1. usmlefacts profile image57
    usmlefactsposted 5 years ago

How to treat endometroma?  Do you have endometrosis?

2. Rhonda_M profile image87
    Rhonda_Mposted 5 years ago

I did suffer from endo...had surgery. Technically there is no known cure, but eating an organic whole foods diet can help (no estrogens to exacerbate the condition...endometriosis is connected to estrogen dominance). Another recommendation I can make is to use natural progesterone (not yam cream) to balance your hormone. I  had particularly good results with that. 

Laser laproscopic surgery is supposed to facilitate in the removal of the endometriosis. There are also all kinds of natural remedies too.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image96
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

I do have this, and had it even worse in the past. It effected my fertility and caused me unbearable period pains and cramps every month. I had surgery which removed a large amount of it, (but it usually comes back eventually.) It is a very long subject to cover in an 'Answer' but fortunately I did a hub on the experience, and my frustration at the years it took before a doctor even suggested checking for this, (they always seemed to assume I was just suffering normal period pains, which was not the case as it turned out). Anyway, if you do want to read about my experience and what I went through on the journey (including treatment), the link to my hub is: http://mistyhorizon2003.hubpages.com/hu … our-Doctor

1. Rhonda_M profile image87
      Rhonda_Mposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Being ignored by your doctor is quite typical before anyone might suggest you have endo. I went through that too, and published an article in a magazine about it...a number of years. I guess not much has changed

4. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I suffered terribly and was told after exploratory laparoscopy that conceiving would be highly unlikely. Fortunately, I shocked my doctors when I became pregnant w/o fertlity treatments in my mid-40s and gave birth to my daughter. Besides good diet and regular exercise, a regimen of low dose birth control  to prevent ovulation is the best way to control the spread of endometrial tissue into the abdominal cavity. Severe cramping can be controlled by taking pain relievers BEFORE pain starts. The prostaglandin inhibitors in ibuprofen prevent inflammation and cramping.