jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do to make sure that you hit the ground running when you return from

1. buckleupdorothy profile image83
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

What do you do to make sure that you hit the ground running when you return from a vacation?

Do you feel disconnected when you return from a vacation? What helps? Have you tried anything that really really didn't help?

2. Ciel Clark profile image75
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

What helps me most is to have everything at home as organized, clean, and tidy as possible.  It's not great to come back from a (hopefully relaxing) vacation and have to deal with a messy home.  Trying to change my body clock back to home time before I go home so I don't feel jet-lagged does not seem to work for me!

3. Robin Cristy profile image61
    Robin Cristyposted 5 years ago

I schedule in two extra days as part of my vacation.  Why?  The first day home, I clean. I pay the house sitter, say hello to my animals and plants, and then I unpack.  Some things are put away, while other things are washed.  All keepsakes are put aside so that the following weekend (or days off) I can place them inside my home perfectly.

While the first load is churning, I go to the grocery store.  One very important item is dinner; something already prepared or ready to microwave - no cooking that night.  Once home and groceries are put away, I finish the laundry.  I call or email all that need to know that I am home, then I relax with my man and a great movie.

The following day is for relaxation.  Period.  And again, no cooking only this time, we eat out...

The following morning, I hit the ground running with my usual routine - study Spirit and off to work to see if I paid attention...

4. kj force profile image71
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I have always lived a very structured/organized life, consequently never felt disconnected on returning from vacation..I have always returned early enough to   step right back into my routine..fortunately I trained my family to do the same..eliminates anxiety/frustration that usually accompanies the return.... sure does makes looking forward to the next vacation sweet !

working