This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Would you recommend surgery for avulsion fracture with sublaxation of 4th toe?

1. profile image48
    bbboneyposted 5 years ago

Would you recommend surgery for avulsion fracture with sublaxation of 4th toe?

I kicked a chair late 01/12. Hairline fracture of distal phalanx.  I felt distinct razor sharp discomfort in proximal mid phalanx between 02/12 and now going down stairs, at rest and minimal movement.  I completely stopped hiking.  I've modified yoga poses to protect toe.  I Another xray a little over 4 mos after injury showed avulsion fx of prox part of midphalanx, capsulitis, and  about 60% plantarward sublaxation of distal on mid phalanx.  I'm using semi-rigid sandal w good arch support (comfortable).  Should I not point my toes in yoga poses?  Thank you, Doctor.

2. waynet profile image71
    waynetposted 5 years ago

You seem to know all the medical jargon.....so I think you'll be fine after amputation!

3. teyeger82 profile image77
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

Have the surgery if that is the only way to fix it. I would not think that you would want to stay injured like this indefinitely or have to wear this particular type of shoe indefinitely. I would want to get it fixed so that I could resume the activities I previously enjoyed.

working