jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

So, Adsense thinks that discussing Cervical Smears is Adult Content????

1. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 5 years ago

So, Adsense thinks that discussing Cervical Smears is Adult Content????

Interesting deduction on their part.  Perhaps it was due to the use of the V word??? I've unpublished it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has come across an important topic, yet been unable to remain in AdSense because of Adult content. If it was the "v" word, it does make it difficult to have a professional sounding hub on a serious topic if I have to say "then ..bleh blah blah....into your...hoo-hoo."

2. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub about sex education in schools that was deemed unfit for AdSense. The original problem I think was the term for the job-using-the-thing-at-the-end-of-your-arm-to-manipulate-your-partners-thing-a-ma-jig. Via discussion with Hubpages I changed that term to "manual stimulation". That was all right for awhile, but it was eventually once again deemed unacceptable. I haven't bothered trying to get ads back on the hub. It's still published just no ads.

Our country is really bizarre. Crotchless thongs for little girls is okay but saying the V word out loud is the end of the universe.

3. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

Yes, yeah, yep, and yepper...  It seems that all of this PC (political correctness) Power has eliminated the fact that there is a such thing as "adults."  Oh, no, I hope I didn't violate anybody's rights with this answer; blah!  hmm

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I had to remove a hub due to the "a" word...it was one of my best, also.  Later I saw one from someone else with horribly gruesome photos on the same subject.  I suspect it's gone also.