jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Have you known your purpose in life? How?

1. messy marshella profile image79
    messy marshellaposted 5 years ago

Have you known your purpose in life? How?

Most individuals seem to be lost in the search for their purpose in life.
    I wonder if there are people out there who really identify their purpose here on Earth.

2. g-girl11 profile image79
    g-girl11posted 5 years ago

After being out of teaching for ten years, I got back into it as a sub.  From the minute I walked into the school, I knew I was meant to be there.  Teaching brings me joy.  It took being away from it and back again to have no doubt it is my purpose.  A great book on finding your purpose is Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck.

messy marshellaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks g-girl for answering. Teaching is such a noble profession. It is great to know that there are teachers like you who dedicate their life in that field. I am happy for you.
      That you for the recommendation, I'll add it to my "must read" list!

3. RandombyBabbles profile image60
    RandombyBabblesposted 5 years ago

That's pretty cool g-girl!
    I'm gonna take your recommendation and read Martha Beck's book.
    I've found my purpose through meditation and philosophical inquiry, I know I'm meant to inspire the questioning of the limits of our perception, and that creation is my main purpose. I discovered my truth only by working on what I love, practicing and persevering to become the person I wish to be.
    I still feel  I don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, but In my soul I fully trust my purpose.

Taking time to reflect seems to be a good way of determining what you want in life. I do hope that you'll soon be sure of your purpose. Thanks for the response!

4. dghbrh profile image76
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

The purpose of life is the work you do and be most satisfied with. I enjoy writing and earlier used to do painting as well. But now for a long time I am not into painting. But these means of creativity is for me is the ultimate purpose as  I feel so satisfied after every little thing i write now.
    So for me its any form of creativity which gives me ultimate pleasure is the purpose of life.
    Good question.

Thanks dghbrh! I agree with you. It is important that you are happy with what you are doing. Great answer!

5. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6920851_f260.jpg

My job is so secret - even I don't know what I'm doing. smile

Haha. I wonder what your job is.. hmmm intriguing. wink

working