jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people use hospitals?

1. HealthCanada profile image69
    HealthCanadaposted 5 years ago

Why do people use hospitals?

With self help options such as first aid, ambulatory prehospital care, clinics and many others. Why do you think people still use hospitals?

2. xrocker30 profile image75
    xrocker30posted 5 years ago

Sometimes hospitals are the only option for major surgeries and certain procedures.    They also tend to be larger and have more space for situations where you need to be taken care of overnight.

1. HealthCanada profile image69
      HealthCanadaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most minor and organ surgeries are performed in auditoriums or the doctors office,And only less than 10% of those who visit the hospital need to stay overnight, Why is it that people choose hospitals for every minor injury? we have 'free' health care

2. xrocker30 profile image75
      xrocker30posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it's because hospitals have the reputation as the place to go if you are injured or sick?  Some people may also feel safer going to a hospital rather than somewhere else like a doctors office. I'm just throwing some initial thoughts out.

3. HealthCanada profile image69
      HealthCanadaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, Some people goto mcdonalds, I guarantee you the same people use hospitals.
      The lazy person who takes  no care of their health ends up in a hospital. 780,000 people die a year from medical care In U.S (& only 500,000 from cancer)

working