Have you used Biomedical therapy for treating Autism? Has it improved your child

1. thewritingowl profile image84
    thewritingowlposted 5 years ago

Have you used Biomedical therapy for treating Autism? Has it improved your child's quality of life?

I have been researching alternative Autism therapies such as Diet, Chelation Therapy and the effect that toxins can have on a person with Autism in general. These therapies are very costly here in Ireland. As I know these therapies are more widely recognized and used in other countries (although they are now regularly being used here too for those that have the money) I am very keen to know what other Hubbers experiences of Biomedical treatments for Autism have been. From your own experience would you recommend having a full batch of tests done and going down this route? Thanks for your input.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7317611_f260.jpg

2. bh193 profile image61
    bh193posted 5 years ago

My brother has autism along with a disease called tuberous sclerosis, which is actually what they believe to have caused his autism. My family and I have not heard or used of the treatment you have mentioned, but I will share with you our experience of what has helped. The most beneficial thing we have done is prayer. As far as physical treatments, we keep him involved heavily in special olympics (bowling, basketball, softball, track and field, etc.). This, along with an overabundance of love and support shown to him by our family and the local community, has helped him grow tremendously more than I believe any medication (he does take seizure medication). I hope this answer helps, and I would be more than happy to share any more information I can with you to help you out! Have a blessed day!

1. thewritingowl profile image84
      thewritingowlposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment, I am not religious myself but I am glad it is a comfort to your family. I am glad too that your brother has so much positive support that can make all the difference too. Best of luck.

Closed to reply

working