jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Has your life been affected by Prescription Drug abuse?

1. CherMyOpinion profile image60
    CherMyOpinionposted 5 years ago

Has your life been affected by Prescription Drug abuse?

Has your life ever been directly affected in any way like being an addict yourself or knowing someone who is an addict that has had a negative impact in any way on your life? I'm just talking PRESCRIPTION DRUGS for this question.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7374674_f260.jpg

2. Tmonica profile image60
    Tmonicaposted 5 years ago

My life has been affected by someone in my family and also a friend that passed away due to being addicted to prescription drugs. I would say that watching someone being so caught up in having to take pills can have a negative affect on people around them. The worst thing is, you try to help them and try to hide the pills and they somehow end up getting them back within a day. When you confront them, usually they will deny they have an issue. It is very sad to see someone that has any type of addiction and if they don't want help, they will not get it. I can tell you one thing from being around a situation like I have seen, I honestly can't stand the sight of pills but in my line of work, I do have to give them to patients.

CherMyOpinionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The addict will never admit they have a problem because the drugs have taken over the brain in such a way they are not capable to make that decision. Intervention saves lives because you have more then just one person to bring the light.

2. Tmonica profile image60
      Tmonicaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I 100% agree with you.

3. CherMyOpinion profile image60

Tmonica you should join my support group on Care 2
      Daughters Of Suicide, it's a group that offers all kind of support on things like this.

4. Tmonica profile image60
      Tmonicaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, I will be joining.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i have friends that are dead from these drugs. i recently told a very good friend to keep away from me and my family because they were heavy into oxycotins. he was one of my best friends but i finally had to tell him to get lost.

You made the right decision. Just because some stops living doesn't mean you have to. Sorry to hear that, I can so relate.

2. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 5 years agoin reply to this

it sucks big time. i'm very picky about who i'm friends with and i was friends with this guy for 23 years.

3. CherMyOpinion profile image60

You should join my support group on care2.com Daughters of Suicide its support for all that relates to this subject

working