jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do you time how long you brush your teeth?

1. Debby Bruck profile image73
    Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago

Do you time how long you brush your teeth?

Do you use the automated timer on an electronic toothbrush? Do you count up to a certain number in your head? Do you sing a song or some other method? What are the benefits of brushing this amount of time? How many times a day do you brush?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7532776_f260.jpg

2. Kim Grbac Diaz profile image75
    Kim Grbac Diazposted 5 years ago

Auto timed...it's easy with the auto-brush in the morning, at night, I use the microwave timer. I'm a teeth, skin, and hair freak so I take care of the "pearls". I always brush 2 x a day...sometimes more depending on the situation. Usually those brushes are shorter...smile

Debby Bruckposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Unusual way to time brushing using the microwave setting. Thanks for contributing to this Q&A.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No. I brush twice a day and just assume I've gotten everything. Honestly, I just floss, brush, and gargle so my teeth don't hurt each day. Even then, I monitor sugar intake.

Debby Bruckposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hello Leah - It's a good idea to add the floss and gargle wash. Why would your teeth hurt you?

2. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My teeth often hurt. They are closer together than usual which makes them prone to cavities and have little enamel. It used to be if I smiled the air would hurt my teeth. Luckily, they are much better now.

4. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I guess that would be a good way to make sure your teeth are really clean.  I try to estimate a good couple of mininutes, but I floss and gargle also.

working