jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I am currently on a diet and I need to tone my stomach area. What are good exc

1. peachwithasmile profile image73
    peachwithasmileposted 5 years ago

I am currently on a diet and I need to tone my stomach area.   What are good excerises for that?

I losing but now my belly is hanging I want to pull it back up if possible.

2. reddview profile image83
    reddviewposted 5 years ago

well i guess it will be a routine...because that's how i reduced my stomach.....

first of all you need to take up running.... dont stop until you are sweating like crazy....simply put running just burns up fat like dry wood.....

once you have lost like 5 pounds or more...go for more hardcore exercises....
    what i did was go for some really hard abs exercises.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKCVCZe474

this one is pretty good but i would strongly suggest not to do ab exercises until you have lost significant weight by running smile

3. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Not sure. Earlier this week on the Dr. Oz show there was a segment on supplements that target that area. It facilitates exothermic principle within the theory of thermodynamics. They mentioned three separate ones. Seems they will cause the fat within the cells to melt or decompose, thus allowing them to escape passed the cell walls. Otherwise fat is trapped in the cells only shrinking by most methods later to expand again. Maybe a look at his site looking at recent show segments.

Exercise targeting a particular area is far and between a reality. Most exercise programs are based on the whole system - like those of Tony and others. The dance routine exercises does a mix and match raising body temperature which again seeks through the exothermic principle to either shrink or expel fat from the cells. Rarely does exercise target a specific. Mostly it targets the large muscle areas - thighs, buttocks, lats, shoulders, back, and abs. Consequently those areas, which is where most desire toning, are where the greatest effect of the affect of exercise takes place.

Also, most experts will tell you to throw the scales away. Muscle is like 7X greater than fat. You step on the scales whala you weight the same or at times more. Disappointing so most stop. Get a good fat percentage scale if you get any kind of scale. Positive results leads to greater positive change.

Or something like that. A great hub idea to explore further.

tim

4. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 5 years ago

Diet is the most important aspect when trying to reduce the stomach area. Also, having a proper training program which includes weight/resistance training with cardio will help. Some women (mommies) do have an "apron" after losing baby weight; however, this can be reduced by including a healthy, well-balanced diet of natural foods. The best abdominal exercises for reducing the tummy area are "transverse" exercises. This may include planks and vacuums.  Look these exercises up on YouTube, but please note that there is no such thing as "spot reduction."  Through these exercises, you will strengthen your abdominal muscles that pull your belly inward making the appearance much smaller and tighter. Cardio will help shed the body fat.

1. Anjana Bhartia profile image55
      Anjana Bhartiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have just started areobics and my tummy has really toned down!!!Justlove doing this in my class. I find using an app really useful to track my fitness activity currently I use the Android app for motivade http://bit.ly/121gefn

working