Do you experience sleep paralysis?

1. MPChris profile image79
    MPChrisposted 4 years ago

Do you experience sleep paralysis?

I'm interested in your experiences, and what it was like.

2. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 4 years ago

Each of my experiences with sleep paralysis were slightly different but in all of them it blended reality so well into my dream that I had no idea I'd fallen asleep. I would suddenly see a shadow or dark figure and discover that I was paralyzed. A couple of times I was unable to breathe but for the most part I would cry out for help but either could not move or found that I had no voice. The shadow would slowly cover my entire body until everything went dark or until I finally woke up.

Sometimes I wouldn't see a shadow or figure but I would sense that something else was in the room. Either way, my experiences were always terrifying and prevented me from being able to sleep for the rest of the night. Thankfully, I discovered through some research I did on my own ways to make it stop and I have not suffered from it now for about a year and a half.

I wrote a hub on my own experiences as well as the research I did when trying to figure out how to stop them here: … d-Dreaming

3. ParadigmEnacted profile image74
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

I sure do. But it isn't always very good. It's supposed to stop you from acting out your dreams, but there's been lots of times when I've "mixed it up" sort to speak with adversaries from my dreams. 

An old common theme from my dreams is that I was running from something, but it is extremely difficult to make any progress. Like when your leg is asleep and your perception isn't right when you put pressure on it. What's cool is that my brain knows that it's my dream so my enemy adjusts to my speed and doesn't catch me.

One time I couldn't walk very fast because I was experiencing sleep paralysis, so I started kicking my feet hard to move faster and instead of moving forward I was lifting off the ground. So I kept lifting higher and higher. Boy did it suck waking up that time.