jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What has Obamacare done for you?

1. cyoung35 profile image88
    cyoung35posted 4 years ago

What has Obamacare done for you?

In my case I do not qualify for Obamacare and my premium has gone up. I know there are some good and bad that has come of this and I would like to hear both.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8752330_f260.jpg

2. Bubblegum Jones profile image62
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 4 years ago

Actually nothing so far, because I already have insurance through my job.

3. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

Personally I have purchased a good, affordable health plan through the exchange. It isn't something that would have been affordable before. However, I don't think that success can be based on anecdotal stories. The real success of the Affordable Care Act, if it is successful, will be determined by long term trends, such as reduced overall costs, better health outcomes (e.g. prevention), increased participation in the market, healthier population, etc. The Affordable Care Act working for me personally, doesn't matter much if it doesn't work overall.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I had healthcare prior to the implementation of the affordable care act, so not much changed. However I did notice that all of our routine checkups are free now. I heard that, as a way to prevent disease, the act requires basic checkups to be covered. I also saw that our insurance provider lists, in their pamphlet, that they will not deny for pre-existing conditions, which was another provision of the law.

I know less about people who are in the exchange, but I work in a computer lab and I've seen several people signing up. They started the process upset (because they were required to buy insurance) but by the end of it they seemed surprised by the low amount they would be paying out of pocket. So, I think it's one of those you-won't-know-until-you-try-it things.

5. deecoleworld profile image81
    deecoleworldposted 4 years ago

confuse me? make me worry a bit ..... but it just confuses me smile

working