jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

NHL Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

1. nasus loops profile image80
    nasus loopsposted 7 years ago

My mother-in-law has just been diagnosed with NHL aged 67.  She found a lump in her mouth and is now undergoing tests and scans to see whether it has spread further.  Can anyone tell me more about this disease as I have only come across Hodkins Lymphoma and I know that prognosis wise they are different.

She is a very scared and frightened lady.

1. shareitt profile image56
      shareittposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm very sorry for your sadness...I don't know much about NHL but I do know support is a must. I'll be thinking of you & your mother in-law.  Take Care.

2. WriteAngled profile image86
    WriteAngledposted 7 years ago

Macmillan Cancer Support give very detailed information on all aspects:
    http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinfor … phoma.aspx

nasus loopsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link. I know of Macmillan and how good they are,just didn't think of them yet as I only tend to associate them with imminent terminal illness.

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I have it and have been fighting it since 1993. Mine is a low grade and incurable. There is good treatment for it now. Mine returned this last spring, but I am not worried. It is a drag and some seniors cannot handle the treatments for it.
    Is her's a low grade, intermediate  or high grade? Best of luck to her.

nasus loopsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They believe at this stage that it is a low grade, but she is awaiting results of the staging scan to see how advanced it is.

working