jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you shun this person because

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 3 years ago

Would you shun this person because

they look like they might have a communicable disease such as  leprosy?  I have ezcema and I feel self conscious that people would look at me as if I was a leper and think I should be shot on sight. sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9131679_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

Eczema is a horrible problem, I had it bad as a youngster. I most certainly would not shun them and I would offer some advice if asked.

3. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

I am sorry. You have a skin condition. You do not need to show the legs. Unstead , you can cover with a nice soft fabric to protect the skin from other conditions.  People does not have to know. As long , it is not contagious.

4. Yousif Mohammed profile image60
    Yousif Mohammedposted 3 years ago

I would not shun them. But you may want to wrap it in silk because silk has healing qualities for the skin.

5. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

My daughter has a condition much worse than this. It causes even nurses to gasp. At first we told her to not worry about what others thought, said or did. She has had  it since her early twenties. It is not contagious. It is  called necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum. It is dreadful .Finally since we cannot control how people think and feel and it is very rare , hard to explain, and got tired of carrying papers to show people she decided to keep them covered in a confortable way. She feels much better about it now. People were afraid it was contagious, and it can get secondary infections as well. Do to this keeping it covered helped her and others to not feel uncomfortable. We even had to find thek humor it it or we'd be crying all the time . Of course do to her many other immune system illnesses there are many Doctor visits. Many a nurse, even a Doctor was puazzled by the horrible condition. So what did we do, we took the lemons and made lemon aid. As soon as I saw the horror on their faces I would then interject that," Oh vactioning in Florida, shark attack, it could have been worse." They would say oh I thought so! Aww then we would hand them an article to introduce them to what she lives with daily.

working