A cure for cancer soon?

1. one2get2no profile image83
    one2get2noposted 3 years ago

A cure for cancer soon?

Will there ever be a cure for cancer or are the drug companies quite happy to make millions by providing drugs that don't quite do it.

2. Author Cheryl profile image86
    Author Cherylposted 3 years ago

I can clearly assure you that chemo drugs do work.  I worked in oncology for years.  The problem is not with the drugs its the problem with people ignoring their bodies when they could have caught it early.  Too many wait until there is nothing to help them.  Education is everything about cancer.  Know the early signs and don't ignore them.

3. klw1157 profile image87
    klw1157posted 3 years ago

While I am far from convinced that the drug companies aren't motivated by money more than anything else. I would certainly hope that somewhere in the overall scheme of things someone would be honest and caring enough to stand up and blow the whistle if a cure was close and something was deliberately being done to impede that process in the name of profit. I also think that a cure, when it does come along will be in the form of a drug and whichever drug manufacturer is able to do the research and get the product approved and to market first will most certainly profit immensely. As I have watched my brother and a very close friend struggle tremendously in the past year and another friend succumb to the dreaded disease, it is my true hope that someone, somewhere, someday soon will find a cure.

working