Did you ever have a subchorionic hemorrhage (also known as subchorionic hematom

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 2 years ago

Did you ever have a subchorionic hemorrhage  (also known as subchorionic hematom) during pregnancy?

Did you ever have a subchorionic hemorrhage  (also known as subchorionic hematoma ) during pregnancy? What was your outcome?

2. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

Not sure - as they looked at the placenta and couldn't see any issue. So could have been something else (and I can't remember exactly what a Subchorionic hemorrhage is....placenta (chorion) related...).

Bleed at 26wks, that landed me in hospital for two nights, some steroids, an internal (not comfy at all), and monitoring. C-section at 39wks (due to positioning) of a healthy 6lb13oz girl.

May have been a twin pregnancy where one was a blighted ovum (implants, creates a wee placenta, but no baby, usually ends in early miscarriage), and the other was our daughter - no miscarriage in early pregnancy due to the actual baby - but she got pushy at 26wks and 'kicked out' the placenta looking thing is our theory.

So I could be on the completely wrong page with this answer (as bubs placenta was fine). Just wanted to share a good outcome if I was on the right page!

3. NehaAsh profile image60
    NehaAshposted 2 years ago

Subchorionic hemorrhage (subchorionic hematoma) is the most common sonographic abnormality in the presence of a live embryo. Vaginal bleeding affects 25% of all women during the first half of pregnancy and is a common reason for first-trimester ultrasonography. Sonographic visualization of a subchorionic hematoma is important in a symptomatic woman because pregnant women with a demonstrable hematoma have a prognosis worse than women without a hematoma. "However, small, asymptomatic subchorionic hematomas do not worsen the patient's prognosis." In this case, you are in a slight 50-50 range. You might be fine. You need to go to your doctor. Please take this seriously and don't consider abortions. They are bad and horrible.

working