jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can eating fruits and veggies daily (about 8 portions / servings ) make us happi

1. nnms profile image79
    nnmsposted 21 months ago

Can eating fruits and veggies daily (about 8 portions / servings ) make us happier?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 21 months ago

The only way I think eating that many portions of fruits and/or vegetables a day could make someone happier were for them to be underfed to begin with.

But I suppose if you don't eat meat, then you would have to eat much more in the way of fruits and vegetables just to have the energy to do things. As meat is much more nutrient and calorie dense. But I'm speaking in generalities. Blueberries certainly do improve my moods - but this is probably because they are rather expensive, and so I seldom get to eat as many blueberries as I otherwise would. Same for cherries. Oh how I love cherries. Well now, it seems my mood has improved, and that I am suddenly happier for thinking of blueberries and cherries. Perhaps you are right. Good day.

3. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 21 months ago

I think they can make you feel more energetic than you might otherwise feel, but I don't know how much happier one might feel with that sort of regimine. For example, I work with a woman who juices everyday and she is one of the moodiest women I've ever met. That being said, I think she would be worse without her fruits and veggies. In other words, her happiness is random and usually has to do with getting something she wants as opposed to her healthy diet.
    Kind of weird when you think about it. You'd think she would be the happiest person in the world, but not so...

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 21 months ago
  5. profile image0
    KC Pickensposted 21 months ago

Absolutely! Diet, exercise, and sleep all play important roles in our mental well-being. In fact, I recently wrote a hub containing a number of foods and nutrients shown to reduce both anxiety and depression. Check it out! http://hubpages.com/health/Nutrition-fo … Depression

working