jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How can I regain muscle?

1. Lisa Marie Mason profile image59
    Lisa Marie Masonposted 7 months ago

How can I regain muscle?

I am putting on more weight and loosing muscle.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 months ago

While I'm no physician, neither will be any others who answer. The prevailing wisdom of the day is that carbohydrate intake should be greatly reduced, and that fats and protein should be eaten instead. It sounds counter-intuitive, but a high fat diet never equated into someone gaining weight unless there were other circumstances involved which were the deciding factors.

Lisa Marie Masonposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Hi Wesman Todd Shaw! Thank you for your speedy response, however can you explain what you mean by other circumstances as it relates to a high fat diet. I'm assuming you are referring to clean eating and an overall healthy life-style.

Thank you!!

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Yeah - by other circumstances I mean leading a lifestyle where you don't move around much. I was always thin, but for a time I didn't have much to do, I just sat around all day, and ate a lot of pizza. I put on a lot of weight fast.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 7 months ago

Muscle 'growth' occurs from stressing muscles at a greater rate than they are accustomed to. Note: That changes with time, even though the time may be months or years. That means exercise with an emphasis on some kind of weight training for different muscle groups. The body converts proteins to muscle. So, a higher than normal consumption of proteins is suggested during that process of stressing the muscles.

Lisa Marie Masonposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Thank you!

working