Is eating 972 calories a day safe?

1. gamezire profile image62
    gamezireposted 9 months ago

Is eating 972 calories a day safe?

I'm 5'4 and weigh about 130.5 pounds.

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 9 months ago

Probably not. If you have to ask if something is safe then it is probably not.
    The national average is 2000 calories a day for just a regular person. In my research the bare minimum is 1200 per day. Your body needs to consume calories just to keep you breathing and walking around. Any less than that and your body goes into starvation mode. If you are trying to lose weight you will lose more by consuming the proper amount of calories instead of basically starving yourself.

I recently got a fitbit for myself. My regular daily activity and work burns about 2500 calories. So I have to eat enough calories so my body continues to function.

You should speak with a doctor before making any decisions about dieting or calorie restriction.

You also have to take into consideration where these calories are coming from. A 1500 calorie diet of McDonalds is going to be far worse for your body than 1500 calories of a properly balanced diet from all of the food groups.

You will find a lot of information and opinions on the internet. While there is good information a lot of it is unsafe and you can permanently damage your body by not eating enough and not getting the proper nutrients.

Please be safe.

working