jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Fluoride: Good or Bad? Give us your opinion...

1. Versatile Health profile image60
    Versatile Healthposted 6 years ago

Ok everybody, have another AWESOME topic to discuss with you all. It's about fluoride and if it's actually good for us or not...give us your opinion. We have some scientific insight that may spark your interest...Start off by reading the link we have posted below and follow up with your comments below this post. Thanks Forum!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10959797

2. RooBee profile image78
    RooBeeposted 6 years ago

I don't mind so much having a bit applied to the teeth by the dentist, but have always been vehemently against drinking water fluoridation. The stuff is not meant to be ingested. The supposed logic behind the decision to fluoridate the water in my city still makes no sense to me. DRINK fluoride for better teeth? So, in answer to your question, I believe it is NOT good for us!!! Sounds like the study agrees.

Versatile Healthposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Definitely true. In some cases fluoride has been 'OK' for teeth, but not in every case. Just like you said: we are not supposed to be ingesting it! There is a HUGE difference between "putting it on one's teeth" and "Consuming" it. Thanks for your comment RooBee, looks like we share some similar views.

3. profile image54
    JosephHewittposted 6 years ago

Neglect of the teeth and unhygenic ways lead the way to the dentist. Its the US govts fault for not educating the people on the necessities to a better healthy life.
    Genie Bra

couldn't agree more

4. aguasilver profile image81
    aguasilverposted 6 years ago

We started drinking distilled water several years ago, now in Asia we drink deionized water, and my Hannah water meter shows less than 5ppm in what we drink.

I would never allow my family to drink fluoride and chlorine, which are both in tap water.

Fluoride also produces a docile unthinking population who cannot make decisions well.... sound familiar?

So very TRUE aguasilver!!! Very well put and right on the money! I'm personally drinking reverse osmosis water and am putting back in the trace minerals that were filtered out during the process.

5. profile image59
    nyscofposted 6 years ago

Fluoride is neither a nutrient nor required for healthy teeth. Fluoride is a drug with adverse side effects (see http://www.FluorideAction.Net) even at low levels added to water supplies. The water supply should never be used as a drug delivery system with doses based on thirst not age, size, health or need.

Fluoride is regulated and approved as a drug in toothpaste for topical application by the FDA however, fluoride supplements are not FDA approved and never underwent rigorous scientific scrutiny for ingestion.  Fluoride is an unapproved drug.

for more info http://www.FluorideAction.Net

Awesome information nyscof: I couldn't agree more with your views and opinions. DOWN WITH FLUORIDE!!!!

working