Gluten Free Shampoo Brands: See This List of the Best
Gluten Free Shampoo: List of Top Brands
Finding a top quality gluten free shampoo can be a challenge, if there is no gluten free label on the bottle. Which might leave you with the task of having to read through all the scientific names of ingredients. Usually listed on the back of the bottle in fine print.
In the article below, you will find a wide assortment of popular gluten free shampoos. Some of which are also sulfate free and organic. Including GF shampoo made especially for children.
Also listed is a summary of the ingredients, so you can easily find a gluten free shampoo and conditioner that is right for you.
Gluten Free Shampoo- By Desert Essence
Desert Essence Organics Shampoo & Conditioner- another, popular, all natural brand which is Wheat, Gluten and vegan free. It also does not contain: silicones, waxes, parabens, sodium lauryl or laureth sulfates, phthalates or petroleum. The formula is concentrated and is available in single tubes or multi packs, in the fragrances listed below. Desert Essence is available in some health food stores. Or shop today from Amazon.
- Red Raspberry
- Lemon Tea Tree (good formula for oily hair types)
- Fragrance Free
Typical Users of Gluten Free Shampoo-
You might want to use a gluten free shampoo if:
1. You are allergic to wheat or,
2. If you are gluten intolerant due to celiac disease.
Not sure what gluten is? It is the protein substance that is found in edible grains such as wheat, barley and rye. And is often used as a binding agent in health and beauty products.
Even though people who have celiac disease have a disorder of the digestive tract, using a gluten free shampoo product can add peace of mind. It can also minimize the risk of children swallowing a small amount of the shampoo or conditioner product.
On the other hand, people with allergies to wheat may want to avoid using personal care products made from wheat (or any other known allergen) to avoid having an allergic reaction on the skin. Which might also include not eating foods that are made from wheat.
None of the statements in this article are meant to replace professional, medical advice. If you think you may have allergies to foods or a digestive disorder, please seek the advice and care of a medical doctor for proper diagnosis.
Gluten Free Shampoo- By Wen
1. Wen by Chaz Dean, GF Cleansing Conditioners are available in 16 oz, 32 oz, twin sets, multi product sets and gallons. However, gallons are limited in supply due to only being sold once a year. Wen hair products are not sold in stores.
- Pomegranate shampoo and conditioner in one- a soy based, popular formula that gets high ratings. The pomegranate blend is Gluten, sulfate and paraben free. All Wen cleansing conditioners are gentle, color safe formulas made with natural ingredients, and no harsh detergents or chemicals. Because Wen cleansing conditioners do not contain any sulfates, they will not lather up like a normal shampoo does. Wen cleansing conditioners can also be used as a conditioner, if you prefer a shampoo that lathers up.
- Summer- Mango- Coconut shampoo and conditioner in one- another popular formula which is also soy based. Is a seasonal formula that was mentioned as possibly being discontinued after 2013.
2. Wen Daily Cleansing Treatment by Chaz Dean
- Six Thirteen shampoo and conditioner in one- a newer formula and best seller on Amazon, which has received high ratings from users. Is Gluten, sulfate and paraben free, and comes in the Lemon- Vanilla Bean fragrance. Is made with eleven amino acids to nourish hair.
3. Wen Kids shampoo & conditioner in one- was introduced in the first part of 2013 by Chaz Dean. Wen Kids has received five star ratings by parents whose kids use it. It is a tear free, allergen free, rice based formula that is made without the use of Gluten, nuts, soy, menthol, sulfates, and parabens. A concentrated formula that is also popular with adults who have tried it. Wen Kids cleansing conditioners are available in:
- Green Apple
- Strawberry- Banana
Check Availability Now
Gluten Free Shampoo- By Renpure
Renpure Originals Shampoo & Conditioner- available in:
- I Love My Hair! Body and Shine Shampoo
- I Love My Hair! Body and Shine Conditioner
This formula contains Hydrolyzed Soy Protein which provides light weight conditioning. It also contains Green Tea and Chamomile elements to help improve elasticity, body and shine by smoothing and sealing the cuticle layer. Renpure Organics uses 100% certified organic extracts and safe, fresh, natural ingredients. Color safe formula. NO Gluten, sulfates, parabens, dyes, phthalates or propylene glycol. Made in the USA.
- My Pretty Hair Is Parched! Moisturizing Shampoo
- My Pretty Hair Is Parched! Moisturizing Conditioner
Contains: Pomegranate, Papaya & Olive Leaf to help restore & moisturize dry hair. It also contains Silk Protein which is used to repair damage, and Olive Leaf Extracts which are used to smooth and repair split ends. Renpure Organics uses 100% certified organic extracts and safe, fresh, natural ingredients. Color safe formula. NO Gluten, sulfates, parabens, dyes, phthalates or propylene glycol. Made in the USA
- Argan Oil Shampoo
- Argan Oil Conditioner
No sodium chloride, salt, dyes, sulfates, parabens or gluten. Color safe formula. Made in the U.S.A.
Gluten Free Shampoo- Cheap Store Brands
- Dove Shampoo & Conditioner- most formulas are gluten free.
- Finesse Clean + Simple Hypoallergenic Shampoo & Conditioner- a newer line of products by Finesse made especially for people with sensitive skin needs. If you have: sensitive skin, or concerns about irritating chemicals and ingredients, you want: dermatologist tested haircare that's safe, gentle and won't irritate your scalp. Finesse Clean + Simple is certified hypoallergenic. No Gluten, parabens, allergens, dyes and sulfates. Made in the USA. Available in:
- Normal Hair
- Dry/ Color Treated Hair
- Suave Shampoo & Conditioner- most formulas are gluten free and are available in a wide assortment of flower, berry and fruit fragrances. You may want to check the labels of the more expensive, specialty formulas made by Dove and Suave just to be on the safe side.
Take the 5 Second Opinion Poll
Was the article on this page very helpful?
Tips for Finding Gluten Free Personal Products
In recent years the health and beauty industry has began to implement small changes in the way they label their products. This, as awareness continues to grow in the mainstream media. Due to the increasing number of individuals who have been diagnosed with Celiac (coeliac) disease. And as more celebrities speak out on the subject of being gluten intolerant. One such celebrity who comes to mind is Elizabeth Hasselbeck who has celiac disease. And was the longtime co-anchor of "The View". And is now featured on Fox news.
How to find gluten free bath & beauty products-
1. If you are ever in doubt about whether a product contains wheat or other forms of gluten, contact the company of the brand you would like more information on. Have your list ready with the specific product name (product line), type or fragrance.
- The customer service number or the website address can usually be found somewhere on the bottle. Company representatives should be able to tell you which products are free of wheat or gluten.
- Find out if the company has gluten free product information that can be sent to you.
2. Stick to using one shampoo brand that you trust, rather than trying out new hair products on a regular basis.
3. Familiarize yourself with the (scientific) names of ingredients which contain wheat or other gluten ingredients.
- The link below can help acquaint you with a list of common ingredients, which can be found in many bath and beauty products. The listed ingredients are known to contain wheat or other forms of gluten. However use caution, some ingredients can sometimes go by more than one name.
Additional Links for Information on Celiac Disease
Questions About If You Should Use GF Products
For questions about whether you should use gluten free hair products or personal care products, it is always best to speak to a medical doctor or dermatologist.
For more information about the causes and symptoms associated with coeliac (celiac) disease, see link on the right.
Any Amazon logos or trademarks featured on this site are the sole property of Amazon and/or its sister sites.
Copyright 2014, all rights reserved