How to Choose a Massage Machine for Home Use
How to Choose a Massage Machine for Home Use
Electronic home massagers are handy. They generally can relax your body and mind, improve blood circulation and help you to detox. You will need to know what choices are there to best suit your needs. A massage machine offers different motions and out of these functions, what do you find most relaxing for your body? Is it heated massage, vibration, thumping, kneading, pounding or rolling? You will look for your favorite when making a choice.
But first, to know more about massages in general, let me introduce to you a few main types of massages you can get by using an electronic massager.
- Shiatsu massage. Such massagers offer a kind of massage resembling exerting finger pressure on your body. The word originates from Japanese and is a medical therapy.
- Acupressure massage. If you have seen the acupuncture points on a human body model then you know what I mean. Such a massager focuses on acupuncture points for better results.
- Vibrating massage. It is much like having a lazy workout. The vibration that is offered loosens up your muscles. It will suit you more if you don't like the thumping, rolling and kneading, or if you just prefer a gentler motion.
- Infrared massage. It can be done through infrared massagers. It gives heat on the particular parts of the body that you want the heat to be on. It helps to tend to tired or damaged tissues and of course with heat it increases blood circulation.
- Kneading massage. It is the type I enjoy the most. It is putting pressure much like squeezing by a masseur's hands. It works wonders on tired muscles and is especially great for the shoulders and the legs.
As a great lover of massages myself, if I can't go for a whole body massage, the next best thing would be a reflexology foot massage. Why? A reflexology massage stimulates all the acupuncture or pressure points under the feet. As these points correlate to all the different parts of the human body, the person will get the whole body benefit of massage. I have a massage chair and a reflexology foot massager at home. I must say that I like my massage chair a lot more than any other piece of furniture as it is easy to use it every day because it is just like another comfortable chair in my home. You will see what a reflexology foot massager looks like at the end of this article.
The Best Massage Chair with Power Recline and 3 Programs
What Kinds of Massager or Massage Machines Are There?
Having a massage be it for your feet, back or even a full body one any time you want at home is such a tempting idea. You do not have to spend a fortune on a massage chair if you don't need to. Here are some mechanical masseurs at affordable prices. You can use them to soothe and relax aching muscles and muscle stiffness due to prolong standing, sitting or exercising. Massage can be done by yourself on the neck and shoulders, back, biceps, thighs and calf areas. Please also check out the neck and shoulders massager with heat. I 'm sure you will find something that suits your needs.
If you are looking for reflexology charts, please scroll down the page for suggestions.
On the top left is my favorite type of hand-held sport percussion massager, my personal masseur! It is great for athletes too. I use it to relax my muscle stiffness and relieve stress after a day's work. I find that I sleep much better after two 15-minute sessions of massage with it on the couch. I always remember to drink some water before and after a massage session.
Drinking water before a massage will hydrate your muscles so that they are easier to work on. As water helps to flush out the substances released by the muscles during the massage, it is also important to drink water afterwards. The circulation brought about by massage carries away waste materials generated by the cells in our body. If you do not drink water in preparation for or after a massage, your muscles will feel sore afterwards as the wastes in the body are still trapped inside. It is also a good idea to drink some water after a massage as water helps you to detox by urination.
Please also note 'a word of caution' on this page.
A Massage Chair That Offers the Greatest Comfort Will Last For Years
What Else Should I Consider Before Getting a Massager?
- Age and Health Conditions. There are a few conditions that a massager is not a good idea for you. If you are under a certain and that your body is still in the development stage, if you are pregnant, if your bones are fragile, if you have some medical conditions such as high blood pressure or you have just had a surgery etc, a massager may worsen your condition. It would be best to consult a medical professional or the massager manufacturer before purchase.
- How much space you have at home for the massager and will the massager fit well into your home? Careful measurements are called for. Besides, you will also need to take into consideration the weight and whether it is child safe and pet safe if required.
- Whether the device is easy to control. Say if you have very large hands or weak hands, you will need to consider if the control buttons are easy for you to control. How many programs are there and are they difficult to operate?
- If installation is required, check out if it is easy to do so before you buy.
- What is often easily forgotten are the warranty, shipping and refund policies. Check them out before you make your final decision.
New Thumper Sport Percussive Massager with Free Educational DVD - These hand-held massagers have excellent reviews and are great for athletes too.
A percussion massager is the answer to breaking up the knots in your tight calves. It will help your muscles to be flexible for demanding sports. It will save you a lot of money from going for regular massages.
A Few Videos on Electronic Massagers
Video 1: How Massage Works to Relax and Relieve Pain for Biceps, Legs and Toes.
Video 2: How a Home Foot Massager Works.
Foot Reflexology Massage Machine with Heat Function
You probably already know that the sole of your foot has all the acupressure points that connect to different parts of your body. By massaging the corresponding points, you are giving treatment to those parts of your body.
An easy way to learn and get the full benefit of a good foot massage with a reflexology massage machine is to study a professional foot reflexology chart in large type, which costs a few dollars and can be obtained via Amazon.
Often considered a reflexology necessity, this full color double-side laminated chart below shows you all the acupressure trigger points. The texts and graphics are easy to understand. This chart includes massage points for frequently used and valuable purposes, including stress relief, headaches, colds and sinuses and arthritis.
If I were limited to just one massage machine, I would definitely go for a foot massager. Over the past few years I have had a foot massager, a percussive thumper massager, a massage chair and a shoulder massager. The massage chair is great in the sitting room and it is a blessing to have the foot reflexology massager in my bedroom.
It is a good idea to take reference to a foot reflexology chart when doing foot massage:
Reflexology Chart: Foot Reflexology Chart for Massage Points Reference
A simple way to learn more about the benefits of foot massage is by studying a professional yet easy-to-understand reflexology chart.
Home Foot Massager
Pamper Yourself with a Complete Foot Heat Massage from Calf to Toes
The automatic massage program provides different massages including kneading, rolling, vibration and massaging combinations to give reflexology therapies in the comfort of your own home.
The movements stimulate the pressure nodes located under the soles of your feet. They improve blood circulation and bring relaxation.
The foot massage and calf massage can work independently. You can choose either one or both of them. What's more, you can choose from 3 modes of foot massage, 3 intensity of calf massage and 3 levels of heat.
You can easily operate it by the handy touch-panel control on the unit or the remote control.
Reflexology Chart for Foot Massage
A Reflexology Foot Massager Stimulates All Your Acupressure Points on the Soles of Your Feet for Whole Body Benefit: Just Put Your Feet Down and Relax
A Word of Caution
Just a word of caution. Massagers are not for children or if you are pregnant. Even if you just suspect that you are pregnant, do not use a massager or go for a massage.
Before you use a massager, it is important to read the manual.
Thank you for reading.
Other Useful Pages by the Same Author
- How To Choose the Right Recliner Chair
I hope the reviews will help you decide what model you want for a recliner chair. You'll realize how important a suitable chair is when you are going to spend hours on it every day.
- DIY Home Décor Ideas with Decorative Paper Fans
This page is about home décor ideas with decorative folding paper fans. Chinese paper fans have a long history in Asia and in modern living they are inexpensive as to add an oriental touch to homes.
- DIY Home Décor Ideas with Mini Crystal Chandelier
Mini chandeliers can do a great job at brightening up small rooms or living spaces. They dress up light bulbs and add character to a room. The installation is usually easy and great for DIY projects.