Green Tea And Being Healthy
Green tea has been used for thousands of years for both healing and enjoyment. Many doctors and healthcare professionals alike give a thumbs up to the power that green tea provides for the body. This all natural refreshing beverage is packed for of antioxidants and flavoniods as well as many other beneficiary substances. There are several kinds of green teas and blends that each come with their own benefits but, let’s take a look at a few of the benefits that green tea provides for our bodies.
- Blood Pressure- Daily consumption of green tea has shown great benefits of lowering and balancing blood pressure. For those that have high blood pressure, this might just be your God given medicine.
- Cholesterol- Studies have shown that green tea helps reduce bad cholesterol while improving the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol. Sip, savor and get healthy!
- Depression- Another great benefit that green tea provides is the power to help fight depression. The amino acid Theanine that is found in the green tea leave is thought to help provide a relaxing effect that helps calm and sooth and provide an all natural uplifting sensation. Drink your way to happiness!
- Anti-bacterial fighter- Some studies suggest that green tea can help stop the spread of many diseases by the power of the tea catechins that are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents that make them effective in treating certain sickness as well as cancer! Don’t catch the cold, catch a sip instead!
- Diabetes- Some studies have gone on to show that green tea helps regulate glucose levels which slows the rise of blood sugar after eating. If you have diabetes, this tea might just be calling you!
- Weight loss- Green tea has been shown to increase the metabolism while the polyphenol that is found in green tea helps cut fat and increase the rate at which your body turns food into calories. Drink green and go lean!
- Heart Disease- More studies have found that green tea may help blood vessels stay relaxed by working on the lining of the blood vessels themselves and protect against the formation of clots. Cheers to a healthier heart!
- Brain Function- Want to get rid of the cobwebs? Compounds in green tea has shown to improve brain function and possibly make you smarter! Drink your IQ up!
- Skincare- Green tea has shown to help with wrinkles and signs of aging. The powerful blend of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities are to be thanked here. Sip your way to healthier looking skin!
There of course are many more benefits, but now you know 9 essentials. Regardless of what your new year resolution looks like, health is always a must. Trying green tea with other blends such as black tea, fruit, different types of herbs and so on can add additional benefits as well that will be sure to stimulate your mind and kick start your body in the right direct. So go ahead and treat yourself to God’s medicine and take care of your temple the right way, the green way!
“Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16).