Drinking Green Tea For Weight Loss
Green Tea has been used as a medicine in China for at least 4000 years. So how can drinking green tea benefit you?
The health benefits of green tea have come to light recently and are a regular part of many celebrities’ diets. So how can this ancient medicinal drink help you?
- Weight Loss - The Polyphenol found in green tea assists fat oxidation which increases the rate in which your body turns food into calories. Overall your metabolism will be increased which will result in a steady weight loss. Caffeine is also found in green tea which can act as an appetite suppressant, so having a cup of green tea in-between meals may reduce unnecessary snacking.
- Heart Disease - Green tea is believed to help the lining of blood vessels and allow them to withstand changes in blood pressure. It also helps inhibit the formation of blood clots which lead to heart attacks.
- Cholesterol - Regular consumption of green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood. Bad cholesterol is also linked to heart disease.
- Diabetes - Green tea helps slow down the rise of blood sugar after eating.
- Cancer - Green tea helps prevent cancer cells from developing, it is even believed to damage and kill already developed cancer cells.
- Parkinson’s & Alzheimer’s - Green tea can't cure it but it is believed to delay the deterioration of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Depression - Theanine is found in green tea which is a substance which provides a relaxing and therapeutic effect to the drinker.
- Bacteria - Catechins found in tea have strong anti-bacterial effects and is proven to inhibit the development of many diseases.
The list goes on. The only negative effect from drinking green tea is that too much of it may cause sleeping difficulties however 2 or 3 cups a day won't do any harm and can only possibly do wonders for your body. Whether you are looking to control your weight or just live a healthy life style, green tea is must for anybody.
Have you felt the benefits of regularly drinking green tea?
© 2012 Joseph Brown