- Women's Health
How a Mindset Coach Can Help You Transform Your Body Image
What is a MINDSET COACH?
In the same way a sports coach helps an athlete reach peak performance, a Mindset Coach helps people achieve optimal physical and mental well-being. A Mindset Coach has received certification from an International Coaching Federation (ICF) accredited organization and is trained to apply core competencies of evidence-based coaching psychology.
Why work with a MINDSET COACH?
Wellness is holistic and encompasses body, mind and spirit. Each individual has a unique and personal blueprint. There isn't a cookie-cutter approach to being well. One person's definition may be to exercise consistently and maintain a healthy weight, while another's may be to practice gratitude and find a daily sense of calm and balance.
Mastering personal wellness is a difficult life skill to learn. We all want to be well and have more energy, but the demands of everyday life have never been greater. We are bombarded with a plethora of healthful guidelines, products and services, yet our society is increasingly overweight, over-stressed and unsatisfied. Most of us know the "dos and don'ts" of personal self-care. We know what we "should" do in order to look and feel better. Attempts are made to create new habits, but challenges get in the way of our ability to take permanent control of our health and fitness.
Some try to take control by seeking advice from industry professionals. A doctor tells you what medications to take and lifestyle changes to make. A dietitian tells you what meal plans to follow. A personal trainer tells you what exercises to do. Although grounded and purposeful advice, some people may heed these instructions as, "You are not in control - I'll tell you what to do." The suggestions may motivate or alarm us enough to want to change, but it can be a temporary feeling. Motivation alone without a clear plan often withers in the face of challenges and obstacles. And, a clear plan without support and encouragement often leads to failure.
What to expect from a MINDSET COACH...
A MINDSET COACH:
- helps you connect the dots between where you are and where you want to be in terms of your overall health and well-being.
- provides expertise, inspiration and support that enables you to grow and develop beyond what you could on your own. You become empowered to take ownership and responsibility for your own well-being.
- offers a co-creative and synergistic relationship with you and works in concert with your health & fitness professional.
- joins with you in creating an inspiring and compelling personal wellness vision that identifies and clarifies your priorities - it beckons you to take action.
- helps you dig into life's clutter to uncover your natural impulse to be well and establish intrinsic motivators that are aligned with what you value most to develop and maintain new healthy behaviors.
- helps you find solutions to the unique challenges preventing you from implementing the lasting changes you need to look and feel your best.
- helps you establish necessary goals that are broken down into small, manageable action steps that lead to incremental successes. Over time, each small victory leads to a higher level of health and well-being.
- helps you change the way you look at making personal behavioral changes and how you perceive challenges and obstacles. You learn to harness your strengths and insights to overcome them.
- helps you discover what works and what doesn't work in objective rather than judgmental terms. Accountability is the key ingredient that blends with action allowing you to stay on track and reach your goals more consistently and effectively.
It's Time to Make Yourself a Priority
Some people work with a Mindset Coach for a relatively short period of time and go on to sustain lasting behavioral changes. Others choose to continue the support and accountability to tackle new challenges and changes.
Short-term or long-term, a certified Mindset Coach can help you find success in making positive and lasting physical and mental changes. It's up to you to take hold of your innate, fighting spirit on your journey toward greater health and fitness. It's up to you to take action!