How to decrease appetite: control your appetite
How to Decrease Appetite
So you are wondering how to decrease your appetite. Controlling your appetite is actually a matter of will power and good organization of eating habits. There are many "Appetite suppressant" drugs that claim to give you will power in a capsule but in my opinion, I think you can do it by yourself if you are determined enough. So why don't you try the natural way to control appetite and leave the medications your last resort.
It is not a bad thing to have good appetite, but when it crosses the normal limits it can be the main cause of obesity. And I bet you have already figured that out! Here are some tips to help you control you appetite:
Eating healthy to lose weight
- Are you really hungry? Before you eat, make sure you are not just eating because you are bored or because the food looks delicious! You may sit in front of the TV and automatically grab something you eat and you just find yourself eating large amounts of food without noticing. So, don't eat unless you really need to. Sometimes the real reason behind this increased appetite is boredom or feeling stressed. So if you are not hungry but just want to eat, it might be that you are too bored or facing some troubles. Try to do something you enjoy, exercise or take a walk, get as far as possible from the kitchen!
- Break down you meal into smaller meals. This way you avoid feeling hungry all the time but you can find more nutritive foods to fill-up your stomach instead of high carbohydrates and fatty meals.
- Eat plenty of fibers. As we said above, foods rich fibers such as vegetables and fruits are great to produce a sensation of fullnes and satiety, and it is good for your health, too.
It is better to start with the vegetables or fruits BEFORE the main meal.
- Don't starve yourself!. If you are still very hungry after eating you will up eating again before the time of the next meal. So it will be a good idea to include those snacks in your meals instead of eating between meals.
- Proteins, low fat yoghurt, soup and water are also good to produce this sensation of satiety without eating much calories.
- Chew your food slowly! The longer it takes, the more your brain is tricked to feel more satisfied. Choose food that takes more tme to be chewed.
- Respect your weakness! If you can't resist a certain restaurant, shop or bakery don't go there! Suggest another place for your friends to hang out in if a certain place makes you eat more!